Looking to upgrade from kicker l7 15

Ya you'll like em loose //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gifGunna tell a diff forsure..
Bout how long will it take to loosen them up? I'd say they've got about 4-5 hours play time right now...

600 I'd build a bangin system between CL and the fourms just sayin ... Options for days
Bout how long will it take to loosen them up? I'd say they've got about 4-5 hours play time right now...
Lol it takes some pounding //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

But after another month I still not satisfied upgrade the amp

Lol it takes some pounding //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gifBut after another month I still not satisfied upgrade the amp
Been thinking about upgrading the amp. Not sure what I want, yet. Thinking of MMATS, DD, something along those lines...

Ok this upgrade is happing for two reason box size and wanting more bassSo would ether of these two subs be a significant jump in bass?
I'd recommend an SSA Icon, Fi SSD, IA Deathrow, AA Havocs. All would be great options on 1500w of power. And should fit in a box at or under 4 cubes if you went with a 15" model. They'd be better built than the Kicker L7, and be a better value too. Also, I'd steer clear of any of the newer RE audio stuff, not much quality control there any more.

Just a link to one of the subs I suggested as an example: ICON 15 Sound Solutions Audio 15" 1250W ICON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

Those suggestions are if you're only looking new. SPLaudio makes some phenomenal custom subs for ya, at a great value too. And there's tons of options on here you could get used.

Considering a 15" square sub has more cone area than a 15" round sub, I would say you are going to lose output, but you will be able to have it in a smaller box. Also, remember Hoffman's law : Small box, efficient, low end response, you can only pick 2.

No more than 600 for a subReally wanted to stick with 1 15!

Wouldn't 2 12 l7 be choking in a 4 cube box? 2 cubes per chamber?

Yes the l7 is crazy loud but was hoping to get even louder and deeper with the re xxx in a smaller box 3.5 cubes as to comparasion with the kicker six cube box which takes up a lot of room!

I have looked at sundown nightshade v2 15 but I think it requires a lot of box? Doesn't it and a lot more power than a zx1500 can give
You can get a 15" sundown z v3 for under $400 used and itll do pretty good off your amp and they like smaller boxes too.

Been thinking about upgrading the amp. Not sure what I want, yet. Thinking of MMATS, DD, something along those lines...
Oh wow.. Jumpin straight to the pricey ish ... Ya those are 2 great companies but you can upgrade way cheaper... It's really all about what u wanna spend .. If I had that setup if look into a brz 2100 ... That's just me tho and that's a budget Amp... And if I was gunna spend more of throw a saz 2500 at them and get crazy lol maybe a Aq 2200 that's just my opinion tho all great amps you'll be happy regardless

Good to see how far you came tho I rerember reading ur type r threads lol

Oh wow.. Jumpin straight to the pricey ish ... Ya those are 2 great companies but you can upgrade way cheaper... It's really all about what u wanna spend .. If I had that setup if look into a brz 2100 ... That's just me tho and that's a budget Amp... And if I was gunna spend more of throw a saz 2500 at them and get crazy lol maybe a Aq 2200 that's just my opinion tho all great amps you'll be happy regardless Good to see how far you came tho I rerember reading ur type r threads lol
Ha I read them sometimes and laugh myself.

I shouldn't jump straight to the high dollar I guess unless I can find a good used one for a price I like. The hifonics amps are great on a budget. Maybe ill stick with that until I get a raise... :p

Ha I read them sometimes and laugh myself.
I shouldn't jump straight to the high dollar I guess unless I can find a good used one for a price I like. The hifonics amps are great on a budget. Maybe ill stick with that until I get a raise... :p
They have always done right by me ... There solid amps for the price

They have always done right by me ... There solid amps for the price
Mine pushed the LIs on a 3hour car ride home from Nashville with zero issues. I wont complain. But I would like a bigger one just to see what kinda juice they would do good on.

Mine pushed the LIs on a 3hour car ride home from Nashville with zero issues. I wont complain. But I would like a bigger one just to see what kinda juice they would do good on.
I sold my brz2400 really regret it ... It pushed a Xcon past it's limits after awhile ... So ya 300 new for a brz 2400 is a steal heat sink 250 amp fuse it does rated for sure on my 12v prolly around 2k real rms that 12 your runnin prolly at around 900 1000 to the pair so ur doubling up lol

Dear God. That's insane. I'm gonna look into a few different ones. The classifieds on here always get my attention first lol
Ya just make sure they got good reff's or feedback and pay through PayPal lol I try to be carefull as shiiit cause I've seen some crazy threads of people gettin ripped off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.