passive radiators to match ID8s?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mat3833
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
florida
so im thinking about expiraminting with passive radiators instead of doing an untra low tuned ported box for my home theater. currently im just looking around for some passives that match the look of the ID's cone. im also in the process of researching more on how passsive radiators affect box volume and whatnot. any imput would be apreciated.

Matt

Contact splaudio or psicaraudio they should be able to help u without costing you a limb. Most likely u will need two 10 inch radiators, two high excursion 8 inch radiators or 1 high excursion 10inch radiator. The last being the most cost effective. Your radiator needs to beagle to move more air than the sub it'self in order to prevent damage to the radiator suspension

since i will be able to get away with a MUCH smaller box than originally planned i was thinking about doing a downfire sub with a passive on opposing sides, kinda like a "T" arrangment. ive always been fond of the downfire arrangment in a house. 2-4X the cone is what is "optimal" and the ID8s have 15mm linear X so if i went with 2 8" PRs id need them to have at least 20mm linear X. but if i bump that up to 10" PRs they only need ~14mm linear X. still in the deciding stages of this, but 2 10" prs seems like the best aproach. id love to get "custom" ID10 passives made, but thats not happening until at least tax season...

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.