Looking to build a new system, 1998 Civic Sedan

Participant count
  • Participant list

joeshmo
10+ year member

The joeshmo!
Hey guys, I've come a long way since first registering for this forum. Back then I had two blown stock speakers in the front and two terrible Sony X-plods in the rear all being run with stock wiring from the stock headunit and a little tape adapter. Now I have Infinity Kappas in the front being given 50w RMS from a 2 channel dual amp (I know, dual isn't a great brand but I haven't had any problems with it yet and two (very old) 3 way pioneer 6x9's in the rear being fed power from a VR3 amp, bridged at roughly 50w rms per channel (I think, the vr3 is a piece of garbage but the 6x9s serve almost exclusively to give me a little more bass response as the kappas are very treble-y). Alright, here is what my question is:

I bought a new car (a 1998 honda civic). I am going to replace my 6x9s as they are on the way out but my kappas are still fairly new (less than a year old.) I am curious for your opinions: should I replace the kappas with a cheaper set of speakers (I've been looking at Cadence CWM6's, they got good reviews) or should I install adapter plates to just mount up my kappa 5.25"ers from my other car? Also, Any good suggestions for 6x9s at under 100$? I was looking at the Kappa 6x9s (2 ways). If there is a better bang for buck brand out there at 100$, would you mind cluing me in?

And by the way, I prefer SQ over SPL any day, which is why I went for kappas rather than say...kenwoods or kickers. I like the crisp definition in most of my music which is kindof ruined by the pioneers as they are old and distort pretty easy. I generally listen to alternative/classic rock. I don't need a TON of bass but it is nice to have a little punch. Thanks for taking the time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.