Looking for the right EQ

Participant count
  • Participant list

fruitwerks

Right now what would be a perfect fit is the Alpine ERA-320. This unit has all the features I want. Although I don't want to spend $400 on such an old unit. My price point is going to be around $200-300 hopefully.

The features I am looking for are:

Realtime Graphic Frequency Display

5+ bands independent for 6 channels (Front, Rear, Sub Out)

BBE (I'm old school)

Time / Offset Adjustment

Some type of Phase adjustment for at least 2 channels

Central / Unified Realtime control

I know there are bluetooth / usb / windows programmed units that have time and phase adjustments per channel and frequency but those are too fancy - and expensive.

I will only be dealing with Stereo sources, so I don't need a 5.1 gizmo. I am willing to spare a double-din slot but no more than that. I will be using a custom build Android head unit, for now just using my phone. I am waiting for the screen to be back in stock and once they are, I will have everything I need to complete it.

The android hardware does have usb and bt, but bt is not working with the software build I will be using. If I had an ODB2 vehicle, this would be a different story //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Right now I really don't know what is out there, and what I do find is lacking major features or is way too expensive. I don't mind an older product that is easy to find. I also don't mind a little noise on the floor cause when you turn it up, you can't tell anymore //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I am open to any suggestions and can answer any questions needed to find the the right product for me. Thanks!

You sound like you might like the PXA-H700(make sure it includes the controller) or the PXA-H701 with RUX-C701. You can completely disregard the surround sound decoding and use it as an 8-channel stereo processor. It's a bit of a handful if you've never used a processor that complicated, but it fits the bill of "older product that is easy to find".

Thanks, The manual I looked at just now didn't mention this non-surround mode - if it did it was not obvious. I think this would be a good fit, looks more versatile than the ERA-320.

Keep the suggestions coming, Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.