Alpine CDA-9886 no sound cd/ipod

Participant count
  • Participant list

Drake243

Canada
I have had this deck for a few years now, worked fine. recently took it out of a car i sold and put it into my winter beater (98 dodge dakota). wired it all up and radio played fine. will not play iphone 5, but that is ok. although it will not play cds or a regular ipod with 20 pin connector. the cd cycles through the song as normal but no sound. also hooked up the ipod and the ipod recognizes being hooked up but again no sound. radio does play fine. has anyone encountered this before? maybe someone knows a solution? any help would be greatly appreciated.

also checked all switches on the bottom, all in norm position.

I have the same problem, but with a 99 Chrysler Sebring JXi (with Infinity speaker package). I actually tested both an Alpine 9885 and a 9886... both have exactly the same issue, and I checked the "Play" setting in both modes ('CD-DA only', 'CD-DA + MP3 + WMP') with no success.

What is interesting to me is that you are having the same issue with a vehicle outfitted with the same brand factory audio. Do you have the infinity package or factory amp, by any chance?

If you've solved your issue, could you let me know so I can duplicate? Thanks!

Just found the answer. This problem occurs when the remote wire from the factory amp is connected to the blue 'Power Antenna' wire from the alpine. On alpine (some other brands as well) decks apparently, the blue wire is only energized when the unit is on the Radio source. Connect it to the blue/white-stripe 'Remote' wire from the alpine harness instead (energized all times unit is on), and CD/iPod/etc should have sound again.

FYI - the amp remote wire in the Sebring was green/red-stripe... it may be the same in yours. Hope this helps any with the same problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.