Fried my amplifier but not the fuses?!

Participant count
  • Participant list

l Droopy
10+ year member

I recently ordered a Soundstream Rub1.1600D from OnlineCarStereo, upon install it is an amazing amplifier! it is the best amp i have owned so far. Just yesterday i was playing a few tracks and i got out of my car and all of the sudden the bass just cut out. I got in my car and heard this weird noise from my subwoofer, i got out, opened my trunk and my sub was making a weird noise, so i turned my car off for a couple minutes and turned it back on. Still no bass. so i went and checked the amplifier and it was in protection mode, a couple seconds passed and poof, all this smoke came out from the amplifier. i know it was not my subwoofer that blew because later i pulled it out of the box and everything was fine. Anyways as soon as smoke filled my car i freaked out and turned my car off immediately and disconnected the negative battery terminal and pulled the amplifier out of my car. I am not sure as to why this happened, but i set my gains with a DMM with a 50hz test tone at vol. 36 and i listen to it on 34-35 just before it starts to clip. I dont know as to why this happened, but i just got it a couple weeks ago and i have not been pushing it that hard at all. Is there any way i can send it in to get it repaired or a replacement amplifier? I would really appreciate a response as soon as possible! Thanks!

Im pretty sure that it does, either a 1 or 2 year warranty. I just wanted to know how it happened. I took a couple gut pictures if that would help any.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.