Looking for sub under $130 shipped(New).

thehardknoxlife
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I haven't been keeping up with audio for the last few years, anyway I'm looking for a subwoofer for under $130 shipped. Someone gave me $130 to buy a sub to run off 600@1ohm RMS. Just throwing this thread out there to see if there are any sales (perhaps just a great deal) or whatnot going on I'm overlooking. 10" or 12" are both options must be available in DVC 2 ohm. Thanks.

I've managed to find a few from quick 10 minute search.

SKAR VVX 10" on sale for $120 shipped.

C2 Audio Threatcon-2 12" for $109 shipped.

Audio Technix Strato 10" for $115 shipped.

Also, I know you guys will want to suggest the more expensive boner subs, but the budget is $130 shipped. I may just get a 12" Pioneer TS-W3002D2 for $99 because I've owned them and know they're ok for the price.

C2 is the most powerful of all those options, I would go for that, if im not mistaken strato is 400rms not in the sale league as the skar and C2 and C2 has 3 inch coil vs skar 2.5 inch coil on vvx. plus you get a lot more cone area on 12's which makes a big difference. better order the c2 before the pre order finish on the $109

I haven't been keeping up with audio for the last few years, anyway I'm looking for a subwoofer for under $130 shipped. Someone gave me $130 to buy a sub to run off 600@1ohm RMS. Just throwing this thread out there to see if there are any sales (perhaps just a great deal) or whatnot going on I'm overlooking. 10" or 12" are both options must be available in DVC 2 ohm. Thanks.
I've managed to find a few from quick 10 minute search.

SKAR VVX 10" on sale for $120 shipped.

C2 Audio Threatcon-2 12" for $109 shipped.

Audio Technix Strato 10" for $115 shipped.

Also, I know you guys will want to suggest the more expensive boner subs, but the budget is $130 shipped. I may just get a 12" Pioneer TS-W3002D2 for $99 because I've owned them and know they're ok for the price.
C2 is the most powerful of all those options, I would go for that, if im not mistaken strato is 400rms not in the sale league as the skar and C2 and C2 has 3 inch coil vs skar 2.5 inch coil on vvx. plus you get a lot more cone area on 12's which makes a big difference. better order the c2 before the pre order finish on the $109
The Pioneer TS-W3002D2 Is by far the most powerful sub of any of those options you listed... You are NOT going to find a better sub for the $100-ish price range...

Having a bigger coil doesn't change my decision. Sure it can take more wattage but as long as the woofer I'm getting will make the most of 600 watts, it's all good. I seriously doubt there will be any upgrading going on, besides I've always favored more efficient subs than ones you have to throw a buttload of power at to get full potential. The high FS rating on the C2 shys me away. It seems it's purpose is to put up numbers on a meter for cheap. I'm more interested in woofers that are geared toward the low end, I think the old abbreviation is SQL. Coil size makes no difference to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a bigger coil doesn't change my decision. Sure it can take more wattage but as long as the woofer I'm getting will make the most of 600 watts, it's all good. I seriously doubt there will be any upgrading going on, besides I've always favored more efficient subs than ones you have to throw a buttload of power at to get full potential. The high FS rating on the C2 shys me away. It seems it's purpose is to put up numbers on a meter for cheap. I'm more interested in woofers that are geared toward the low end, I think the old abbreviation is SQL. Coil size makes no difference to me.
You sound like you already made up your mind the 3 sub you mentioned are totally diff depending on what you want to acomplish good luck

Obsidian Audio sounds like a pretty good option for ya'. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.