Looking for some "good" mids

inteva6184

Senior VIP Member
pa
Hey guys I am starting a new install in my honda element and am looking for some advice. My other vehicle is a f150 and I am running active with a ct2 tweeter and pwx 6.5 mids. I love the tweeters but I feel like the pwx's dont get quite and low as I would like. I am overall happy with the setup but I want to try something else for the elements mids. So after doing some research I really was interested in the anarchy 704's but I cant find them in stock anywhere. I know many people suggest the silver flutes but I am a little concerned I wont be impressed with them down low especially after seeing what their specs look like compared to the anarchy. So I guess I am looking for some insight on what the new hot ticket is or if the silver flute is still the best bang for the buck. Thanks

I've has PWXs and Silverflutes and the PWXs have much more midbass but don't sound nearly as good as the Silverflutes. I don't think much will beat the anarchy mids in terms off midbass personally.

I've has PWXs and Silverflutes and the PWXs have much more midbass but don't sound nearly as good as the Silverflutes. I don't think much will beat the anarchy mids in terms off midbass personally.
Yeah ive seen people are impressed with the pwx's I don't dislike them I just think my cheapo jbl's actually had a little better low end. Maybe I need to do a little better sealing and deadening job than I already have but regardless it never hurts to try some new gear out. I am bummed the anarchys are out of stock but what are you going to do. Thanks for the info.

Look at the VFL65MB. Pretty strong for midbass. Up to you though. I know nothing.
Yeah I saw that you didnt know anything hahaha. I will look a little more into those speakers price seems good they seem beefy I just dont hear to many bring them up but they will enter the ring.

The crescendo un6.5’s are the alternative (but less midbass) for “loud” when people talk pwx. Also how much power you sending the pwx’s? Guys report getting optimal output from them on higher amplifier wattage and taking solid strides to sound treat their doors (closer to sealed environment). Midbass response on similar drivers (even the anarchy’s) is going to positively correlated to enclosure enironment.

Yeah ive seen people are impressed with the pwx's I don't dislike them I just think my cheapo jbl's actually had a little better low end. Maybe I need to do a little better sealing and deadening job than I already have but regardless it never hurts to try some new gear out. I am bummed the anarchys are out of stock but what are you going to do. Thanks for the info.
how much power do you have on them and whats your head unit and amp crossover settings? You can also try wiring one out of phase just in case its a phase issue because the 6.5, 8 and 10 can literally play sub frequencies easily and rattle the fk outta doors.

how much power do you have on them and whats your head unit and amp crossover settings? You can also try wiring one out of phase just in case its a phase issue because the 6.5, 8 and 10 can literally play sub frequencies easily and rattle the fk outta doors.
I am running a ppi 900.4 for the mids and tweeters. Its running active and I cant recall if i have the hu at 60 or 80hz. I played with the setup a lot when I first did it but haven't touched it much since I got what I felt was the most I could get out of it. If I remember correctly the amp is set at full. I will have to look my settings over. Like I said I had the same exact setup with some jbl's i think 609's and I remember being more impressed with the lowers mids. They just couldnt get as loud as the pwx's.

I am running a ppi 900.4 for the mids and tweeters. Its running active and I cant recall if i have the hu at 60 or 80hz. I played with the setup a lot when I first did it but haven't touched it much since I got what I felt was the most I could get out of it. If I remember correctly the amp is set at full. I will have to look my settings over. Like I said I had the same exact setup with some jbl's i think 609's and I remember being more impressed with the lowers mids. They just couldnt get as loud as the pwx's.

try a retune lower the upper frequencies slightly and raise the power to the pwx as high and clean as you can get it. Check all your crossovers again. Also try wiring one pwx out of phase, it could be a phase issue. check back again once you've given it a shot. Literally every pwx setup i've helped install had ridiculous sub bass and midbass even on undeadened doors.

Yeah I saw that you didnt know anything hahaha. I will look a little more into those speakers price seems good they seem beefy I just dont hear to many bring them up but they will enter the ring.

Lol, people like to run around here disliking people for personal reasons, no worries. A guy for team Fi listened to them and was impressed with the VFL65MB's. Please, don't take my ear/word for it. 😂

try a retune lower the upper frequencies slightly and raise the power to the pwx as high and clean as you can get it. Check all your crossovers again. Also try wiring one pwx out of phase, it could be a phase issue. check back again once you've given it a shot. Literally every pwx setup i've helped install had ridiculous sub bass and midbass even on undeadened doors.
Thanks for the help. So I adjusted the crossover setting and I did get a good amount of bass out of them. I also am happier with the overall sound of my stereo. I need to do some tweaking but it's for sure improved. Hump de bump sounds absolutely amazing now especially the drum solo. So I set my mid HPF at 63hz -18 MID LPF at 2k-12 and high at 3.15k -18. Is that high setting set to low for massive ct2? It sound much more natural to have the tweet play lower than the pwx play up. Also just out of curiosity why did I benefit from more bass by dropping my crossover is it because now it has more useable watts down low or is it mechanical limitations of the speaker? Thanks.

Thanks for the help. So I adjusted the crossover setting and I did get a good amount of bass out of them. I also am happier with the overall sound of my stereo. I need to do some tweaking but it's for sure improved. Hump de bump sounds absolutely amazing now especially the drum solo. So I set my mid HPF at 63hz -18 MID LPF at 2k-12 and high at 3.15k -18. Is that high setting set to low for massive ct2? It sound much more natural to have the tweet play lower than the pwx play up. Also just out of curiosity why did I benefit from more bass by dropping my crossover is it because now it has more useable watts down low or is it mechanical limitations of the speaker? Thanks.
thats actually where the ct2s are comfortable being crossed over. You can literally drop down to 63 at -6 db(less power handing) or -12 (similar power handling) with the pwx.

Just keep playing around with the crossovers, slopes and EQ and time alignment.

Lol, people like to run around here disliking people for personal reasons, no worries. A guy for team Fi listened to them and was impressed with the VFL65MB's. Please, don't take my ear/word for it. 😂
still waiting for an actual video from you on those. I wonder how strong the midbass actually is because i got extremely high midbass standards. If its not moving my shorts on the thuds, its not strong.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.