Looking for recommendations for 2016 F-150

I understand what you are saying but I just want a better sounding system but at the same time I am on a budget. I don't expect to have a comp worthy system...as nice as that would be. I have no doubt that it can, and will, sound better as I add to it. Its been 15+ years since I have had an aftermarket system of any sort and I have never done any of this myself (always had stuff installed for me) so it is learning experience, to say the least, as I am doing all the install and fab. I do appreciate the feedback...and hope the OP can find the answers to his questions. The thing to remember is everyone has a different opinion and tastes in sound...keep that in mind.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's simple. You don't know how to listen. Or what it supposed to sound like. Those punches are not much better than stock. Again, the stock EQ curve is designed around the stock speakers. It seems you have tweeters all over the car now. That's awesome.
ROFL!!! Don't know how to listen, eh? What a pompous prima donna thing to say!!

I've been "listening" a LOT more than most here, I'll bet ya that!

John Kuthe...

I understand what you are saying but I just want a better sounding system but at the same time I am on a budget. I don't expect to have a comp worthy system...as nice as that would be. I have no doubt that it can, and will, sound better as I add to it. Its been 15+ years since I have had an aftermarket system of any sort and I have never done any of this myself (always had stuff installed for me) so it is learning experience, to say the least, as I am doing all the install and fab myself. I do appreciate the feedback...and hope the OP can find the answers to his questions. The thing to remember is everyone has a different opinion and tastes in sound...keep that in mind.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Its different tastes until you sit in a world championship SQ car. General consensus is... HOLY FK this is the best thing I EVER HEARD!. 30+ out of 30+ that sat in a MECA SQ world finalist car liked it. I mean LOVED it.

With the 250 you had, it would have been better to get a very good 3 way front component setup like this set that won some SQ championships under its belt. Tweeters installed in the A piller, 3 inch mids in the dash and build a wooden baffle for the doors so the 6.5s fit. Not just loud and clean, you'll basically experience a real life concert in your car and experience every detail meant to be heard when the artist made the music.

If you are worried about passengers, once you amp the component set, you should be close to a football field away, if it can reach that far, it'll easily reach your passengers. However most of the times its YOU listening to the music, you deserve better. Once you have access to time alignment, you'll be be right in the center of the performance sounding better than live.

Precision Power PPI P65c3 6.5" 3-Way Component Speakers w/ AMT Tweeter

Its different tastes until you sit in a world championship SQ car. General consensus is... HOLY FK this is the best thing I EVER HEARD!. 30+ out of 30+ that sat in a MECA SQ world finalist car liked it. I mean LOVED it.
With the 250 you had, it would have been better to get a very good 3 way front component setup like this set that won some SQ championships under its belt. Tweeters installed in the A piller, 3 inch mids in the dash and build a wooden baffle for the doors so the 6.5s fit. Not just loud and clean, you'll basically experience a real life concert in your car and experience every detail meant to be heard when the artist made the music.

If you are worried about passengers, once you amp the component set, you should be close to a football field away, if it can reach that far, it'll easily reach your passengers. However most of the times its YOU listening to the music, you deserve better. Once you have access to time alignment, you'll be be right in the center of the performance sounding better than live.

Precision Power PPI P65c3 6.5" 3-Way Component Speakers w/ AMT Tweeter
Anything better than live is Cheep Effects!! :) Or more correctly EXPENSIVE EFFECTS!

John Kuthe...

Anything better than live is Cheep Effects!! :) Or more correctly EXPENSIVE EFFECTS!
John Kuthe...
I'd rather not have someone with a horrible setup as your system with all the sound troubles you've been having and all the advice you've been ignoring talk about sounding good.

I'd rather not have someone with a horrible setup as your system with all the sound troubles you've been having and all the advice you've been ignoring talk about sounding good.
Maybe not sounding good enough for YOU, but if it were YOUR system that would be a problem to address and cure.

John Kuthe...

Dunno, my job is actually and directly helping people, as I am an RN. What is YOUR job?
John Kuthe...
My job? Let's see, my job allows you the freedom of speech which would have been cut off for you day one. My job allows you the freedom to fail at every job you've had. My job allows you to buy cheap electronics from Asia. My job supports humanitarian aid to 3rd world countries. *****

My job? Let's see, my job allows you the freedom of speech which would have been cut off for you day one. My job allows you the freedom to fail at every job you've had. My job allows you to buy cheap electronics from Asia. My job supports humanitarian aid to 3rd world countries. *****
IOW your job is killing more people faster. Great karma is yours! ;-)

John Kuthe...

Kuthe throws bait... good contributors take bait....thread derailed

I think the original post creator wanted validation for a preexisting idea to buy a whole round of marginally better speakers that won't necessarily sound bettter in his truck for any one of the reasons listed by you guys and many other threads before this. An open mind would ask what are the things I can do to improve my sound with $250 budget and truly listen to the feedback provided. Make upgrades that will allow you to build on the previous upgrade. Otherwise accept that you may need a little more than $250 for even a budget one and done sound upgrade

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.