Looking for professional box builder in Canada.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Here is the design for my box. Dimensions of my box are all identical to this except for being made of 1" HDF instead of 0.75" MDF
https://www.dropbox.com/s/grca961bolm4d28/dual%20sa%208%20%28with%20top%29.jpg

EDIT: Except for my box doesn't have the second baffle yet. So single baffle and 1" HDF
where did you get the design from? the box looks alright. you may want to try a different tuning if you are in the high 20's. if you can build yourself, getting a design done is the best way to go. if not i know a guy in WA who is a solid builder. hit me up if you would like to contact him.

where did you get the design from? the box looks alright. you may want to try a different tuning if you are in the high 20's. if you can build yourself, getting a design done is the best way to go. if not i know a guy in WA who is a solid builder. hit me up if you would like to contact him.
Did you not look at the dimensions of that box? How would you even think it was tuned in the 20's haha. If it was tuned in the 20's the sub wouldn't come close to unloading playing Rack City haha. This box is somewhere around 35hz I believe. I'm not entirely sure though. It was designed by Pro-Rabbit here on the forums and he said it was tuned to 35 I believe. But considering the design was 0.75" MDF and it ended up being made of 1" HDF with the same dimensions and it doesn't have the second baffle that means the tuning is probably even higher than 35hz. I tried running test tones from 30hz-40hz to find the spot where excursion was the least but it had no real noticeable difference in excursion between 30-40hz.

How much would it cost for your guy to ship to Victoria BC, Canada? That's the main reason why I'm looking for a Canadian builder so that I don't have to pay more for shipping than the cost of the box itself haha.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

And no I cannot build myself. Living in an apartment kind of hinders that lol

Did you not look at the dimensions of that box? How would you even think it was tuned in the 20's haha. If it was tuned in the 20's the sub wouldn't come close to unloading playing Rack City haha. This box is somewhere around 35hz I believe. I'm not entirely sure though. It was designed by Pro-Rabbit here on the forums and he said it was tuned to 35 I believe. But considering the design was 0.75" MDF and it ended up being made of 1" HDF with the same dimensions and it doesn't have the second baffle that means the tuning is probably even higher than 35hz. I tried running test tones from 30hz-40hz to find the spot where excursion was the least but it had no real noticeable difference in excursion between 30-40hz.
How much would it cost for your guy to ship to Victoria BC, Canada? That's the main reason why I'm looking for a Canadian builder so that I don't have to pay more for shipping than the cost of the box itself haha.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

And no I cannot build myself. Living in an apartment kind of hinders that lol
meh thought you said in a earlier post that it was tuned to like 28 or something. but if you are so worried about shipping, why dont you just get a design and find a local cabnet maker or carpenter to build it for you. and pro rabbit was probably your first mistake. hit up ram-designs.

meh thought you said in a earlier post that it was tuned to like 28 or something. but if you are so worried about shipping, why dont you just get a design and find a local cabnet maker or carpenter to build it for you. and pro rabbit was probably your first mistake. hit up ram-designs.
Why do you think I started this thread...to find a builder in Canada because shops here want to charge ******* $600 for a simple ported box.

Why do you think I started this thread...to find a builder in Canada because shops here want to charge ******* $600 for a simple ported box.
well i dont know what shipping would be from me to you, but if you had a design i could maybe take a look and see if i could build it for you. i could greyhound it to you. if its just a dual 8 box shouldnt be to big.

well i dont know what shipping would be from me to you, but if you had a design i could maybe take a look and see if i could build it for you. i could greyhound it to you. if its just a dual 8 box shouldnt be to big.
Would probably still be at least $100 to ship. Or maybe more just because of the fact that it's international.

im from manitoba man.
Oh haha. I didn't know that. When u suggested a guy in WA I assumed you were from the states too lol

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

And the fact that u didn't suggest yourself I had no idea you were a box builder.

Question. Do u have any experience with the alpine type R 8s? I'm almost thinking of picking up a couple and dropping them in my current box. I see a lot of reviews praising their SQ abilities and the ability to play fast and hard.

Oh haha. I didn't know that. When u suggested a guy in WA I assumed you were from the states too lol 

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

And the fact that u didn't suggest yourself I had no idea you were a box builder.
i dont do it for a job or nothing, just mainly for myself. but i do good work. and i dont mind helping people out when they're in a pickle. you can check out my build thread in the build log section to see my last box i built.

i dont do it for a job or nothing, just mainly for myself. but i do good work. and i dont mind helping people out when they're in a pickle. you can check out my build thread in the build log section to see my last box i built.
Wow that box for the tantric's looks awesome. How much would you charge for a box for the SA-8v2s? Also do you have experience with those subs and making a box for them?

Also about the Type R8's. Any thoughts on those?

Wow that box for the tantric's looks awesome. How much would you charge for a box for the SA-8v2s? Also do you have experience with those subs and making a box for them?
Also about the Type R8's. Any thoughts on those?
i would have to figure out the cost, depends on what is needed, i have a half sheet laying around here. i wouldnt charge you much for my time. you would have to get me a design, i dont design boxes. i have never used the sa 8's. so if i was you i would get some input from some guys that have ran them see what works best and get a design done. then i could construct it for you. send me a pm and we can talk some more.

Changing from 3/4'' to 1'' would significantly change the response and tuning, especially with a sub that have a low net to start with.

Changing from 3/4'' to 1'' would significantly change the response and tuning, especially with a sub that have a low net to start with.
Wasn't my idea. It was the guy that built this box for me. He said it should be better response because the HDF would be less porous. But because of the added thickness I don't think he changed any of the dimensions to compensate for the added thickness of the wood.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.