Looking for professional box builder in Canada.

Participant count
  • Participant list

gamehawk55
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey guys I'm looking for a professional box builder located in Canada that has the expertise and similar prices to what Starrmountainsound (double07) and Buck in the states have to offer.

As much as I would love to have SMS design and build me the perfect box for my subs I've heard that the shipping of an enclosure from the states is just ATROCIOUS and would cost more in shipping than the build itself. So I'm hoping to find someone located in Canada (preferably close to Victoria, BC) that can offer the same services and quality as these guys for a good price.

Let me know if anyone here knows of any reputable Canadian companies (or individuals here) that will fit the bill.

I have a box made for my SA-8v2's right now and while it sounds pretty decent I know it could sound better and probably a lot louder too.

Anyways someone let me know.

Thanks

Hey guys I'm looking for a professional box builder located in Canada that has the expertise and similar prices to what Starrmountainsound (double07) and Buck in the states have to offer.
As much as I would love to have SMS design and build me the perfect box for my subs I've heard that the shipping of an enclosure from the states is just ATROCIOUS and would cost more in shipping than the build itself. So I'm hoping to find someone located in Canada (preferably close to Victoria, BC) that can offer the same services and quality as these guys for a good price.

Let me know if anyone here knows of any reputable Canadian companies (or individuals here) that will fit the bill.

I have a box made for my SA-8v2's right now and while it sounds pretty decent I know it could sound better and probably a lot louder too.

Anyways someone let me know.

Thanks
what are the specifications of your enclosure now?

what are the specifications of your enclosure now?
My box is roughly 1.5cft after displacements made of 1" HDF. Not 100% sure on tuning but I think its around 35hz. I had the box built for me by a guy that lives about 45m away from me but he's not horribly reliable. Its been a month and he's still yet to finish the second front baffle for the box. Current box is in my profile pic.

Anyone curious as to how this box performs just look up my channel on YouTube (Kalin Kruger)

What makes you think that your current enclosure isn't right?
Lacks "tightness" or "punchiness" on quick notes like double kicks in rock or metal. I don't know if it's just the sa-8v2's aren't capable of pulling it off or if it's the box. Cuz I've seen people that say they have ported boxes tuned to 28hz that sound great with metal and can also dig deep into those low notes as well.

Lacks "tightness" or "punchiness" on quick notes like double kicks in rock or metal. I don't know if it's just the sa-8v2's aren't capable of pulling it off or if it's the box. Cuz I've seen people that say they have ported boxes tuned to 28hz that sound great with metal and can also dig deep into those low notes as well.
If I were you I would take all of the measurements of your current enclosure, and have someone on here see if the box looks good. It might save you some money. Usually "punchiness" is associated with your front stage, and not your subs. What are your amp settings?

If I were you I would take all of the measurements of your current enclosure, and have someone on here see if the box looks good. It might save you some money. Usually "punchiness" is associated with your front stage, and not your subs. What are your amp settings?
I know for a fact that certain songs have the capacity to sound way better than they do.

i.e Nothing Left by As I Lay Dying - Crazy 16th+ note double kicks throughout the song that on a 12" hertz sub in a cra.ppy prefab box that I had years ago hit every note accurately and with distinction, and hit them hard too. Both my W7 in an HO box and now these SA-8v2's haven't been able to make that song sound good. The kicks always get muddled together and don't sound nice. LOOKING at the subs moving looks as though they can do it but it doesn't come out that way. So has nothing to do with my front stage.

Amp in an Audison LrX 5.1K and tuned with a DD1, 40hz @-5db, x-over @80-85hz, bass boost off. HU settings (EQ Flat, loud off, x-overs 60hz on front+rear, "through" on sub). If theres anything I missed just ask :p

I know for a fact that certain songs have the capacity to sound way better than they do.
i.e Nothing Left by As I Lay Dying - Crazy 16th+ note double kicks throughout the song that on a 12" hertz sub in a cra.ppy prefab box that I had years ago hit every note accurately and with distinction, and hit them hard too. Both my W7 in an HO box and now these SA-8v2's haven't been able to make that song sound good. The kicks always get muddled together and don't sound nice. LOOKING at the subs moving looks as though they can do it but it doesn't come out that way. So has nothing to do with my front stage.

Amp in an Audison LrX 5.1K and tuned with a DD1, 40hz @-5db, x-over @80-85hz, bass boost off. HU settings (EQ Flat, loud off, x-overs 60hz on front+rear, "through" on sub). If theres anything I missed just ask :p
If I were you I would take all of the measurements of your current enclosure, and have someone on here see if the box looks good.

So do you have a lpf set at all on your subs? I'm not trying to be a dick either, just trying to save you some time and money.

If I were you I would take all of the measurements of your current enclosure, and have someone on here see if the box looks good.
So do you have a lpf set at all on your subs? I'm not trying to be a dick either, just trying to save you some time and money.
I realize your not trying to be a dik. And as for lpf on all subs? Not exactly sure what you mean there. I'm only running one amp for the subs not two. I said the subs x-over is between 80-85hz. On the HU it's set to "through" meaning the amps x-over is the only one having any affect on the subs.

I realize your not trying to be a dik. And as for lpf on all subs? Not exactly sure what you mean there. I'm only running one amp for the subs not two. I said the subs x-over is between 80-85hz. On the HU it's set to "through" meaning the amps x-over is the only one having any affect on the subs.
So your lpf is set at 80-85hz? What is your hpf set at for your front stage? If you can get the specs on your current enclosure that will greatly help.

So your lpf is set at 80-85hz? What is your hpf set at for your front stage? If you can get the specs on your current enclosure that will greatly help.
I just told you all that like 3 messages ago. Front's are crossed over at 60hz on the HU. They aren't running off my Audison because they are part of a premium pre-amped system in the car. But I'm tellin you the fronts are NOT the problem. I could completely bypass ALL speakers and run my Ipod or whatever else directly to the sub channel on my amp (which I've done) so that it's the ONLY thing being run and it will still sound like SH** with quick double kicks like the ones I described.

I will try to get the box dimensions tomorrow (almost 5am right now lol)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.