Looking for ideas (S-10 ex-cab 2 12"s)

Participant count
  • Participant list

______
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Jersey
I want to start building tomorrow but Id like to see what other designs I could do in my truck

Like I stated I have a 91 chevy S-10 with an ex-cab I have no seats so Im working with 50.75" Side to side 13.5" front to back and 24" top to bottom. I want to go ported and Im filling it with 2 12" DC lvl4. The lvl4s call for 1.5cube per woofer, I haven't heard any different so I guess Im shooting for 3cube total after displacement. If this is correct let me know some of your ideas. If Im mistaken plz feel free to correct me "then" Let me know your thoughts

Thanks a lot guys, Ill be checking back all day so I can answer any questions right away

I was thinking of doing round ports for the simplicity, I could still do the ports to the passenger side though. just out of curiosity what are the benefits of passenger side ports

Thanks

You'll want the ports firing up on the passenger side. If you fire them actually to the side, you're going to need some space for the port to fire into.
Sorry not tryin to thread jack, but how much space do you need between your port exits and say the hatch of my jeep?

Sorry not tryin to thread jack, but how much space do you need between your port exits and say the hatch of my jeep?
Depends on the size of the port. If you stay between 1-1.5 times the port width away, you usually get a good loading effect and better low-end extension.

As A competitor for strictly SPL. to get the loudest with this setup your gonna wanna fire the subs up, and port facing the passenger side. depending on what your going for, i would do about 4^ft. if you can get your hands on an 8 in aero. i would do that. i use 8" flared ports. but if not, use a 6". if not that either, use two 4" Flares.. S10's cabin frequency is usually right around 50 hz. the closer you can get your box to peaking around that. the louder it will be....

I believe he's going for a daily box, so trying to peak at 50hz isn't his concern(I don't think). Subs forward and port up along the back wall is also a great spl setup for s-10's.

You can always just test and see what works best, and then lock the enclosure into that location.
Well, its all the way to my back seats so I mean theres really not much I can do. When I did first have the box in though it moved closer to the hatch and I could tell a big difference in the output to the weaker side.

I am doing a daily setup but I'm trying (like most) to get as loud as I can. I don't do bass race or metered comps. or anything like that. I do car/truck shows with judge by ear comps... if I do subs up and port up passenger side should I go round or slot? And what would be a good tune for what I'm trying to do

thanks guy I appreciate the info

I am doing a daily setup but I'm trying (like most) to get as loud as I can. I don't do bass race or metered comps. or anything like that. I do car/truck shows with judge by ear comps... if I do subs up and port up passenger side should I go round or slot? And what would be a good tune for what I'm trying to do
thanks guy I appreciate the info
Aeroports will save you some space on the box and I think they look somewhat nicer. And on your tuning if you're doing it for daily you'll wanted in somewhere in the lower to mid 30's to get some pretty nice output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.