Looking for help on Fi drivers

Participant count
  • Participant list

HelloImBob
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi a couple months ago I was rear-ended and my system was crushed...I had 2 MTX 9500-12s on a MTX 92001 amp tuned to around 32hz @ 4ft^3 after displacement. I really enjoyed that sub I was able to push it beyond its limits...

So now Im looking to replace that setup with either 3 10s or 2 12s again but this time I was looking at Fi products and I just dont know enough about the different models to make a choice...and to make the wrong choice buying 3 10s wouldnt be cheap.

I plan on tuning around 30hz again (possibility of lower) and I want as much SPL as I can get without sounding sloppy(hence 3 10s)...I was thinking I would get the best SQL with 3 10" BLs since they dont make Qs or BTLs in 10"...looking to go ALL OUT on this setup...I want this to be the last time I ever have to buy a woofer...unless I get ripped off/rear-ended again.

BTL's are the most SPL. The Q might be available in 10" now. However the Q is more of a SQ woofer, that still gets loud and low. BL's should make you happy.

Have you looked into DC sound labs? They get low and loud. very well.

If 2 BTL-12s is gonna be better than 3 BL-10s Im all for the BTLs.

Why not get the top of the line right? its gonna cost just as much or more to get 3 10s and I know Ill never have enough alternator to ever overdo 2 BTLs.

I was so bummed when I got hit because I had just got the 2nd 12 a couple months earlier if that and was still happy with it but now Im glad Im gonna get to redo it all

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.