Looking for good midbass speakers & crossover to pair with my Tymphany tweeters

You are your brother papermaker are just alike. Neither have accomplished anything. Both rely to much on equipment. Both of you are trapped in the past. Both of you have been left behind.
all this talk about the flutes and daytons made me curious about the PRV's i got as a direct comparison. Ive been running my first set of PRV's in my B&W bookshelf cabs for several months and im pretty darn happy with them. Got them on jeffs recommendation with no regrets so far. What are your thoughts on the PRV 6mb200's vs the flutes and daytons mentioned here?

all this talk about the flutes and daytons made me curious about the PRV's i got as a direct comparison. Ive been running my first set of PRV's in my B&W bookshelf cabs for several months and im pretty darn happy with them. Got them on jeffs recommendation with no regrets so far. What are your thoughts on the PRV 6mb200's vs the flutes and daytons mentioned here?
If you were to compare these to a known good car audio specific woofer that you've used in your car, than what would you compare it to? Please do not be on the defensive as this is an intrinsic question.

If you were to compare these to a known good car audio specific woofer that you've used in your car, than what would you compare it to? Please do not be on the defensive as this is an intrinsic question.
i truly dont see how this could be viewed as defensive especially given that you described it as an intrinsic question. I can only assume that you done know the definition if intrinsic given its misuse here.

i truly dont see how this could be viewed as defensive especially given that you described it as an intrinsic question. I can only assume that you done know the definition if intrinsic given its misuse here.
What about the question? Was curious to know.

What about the question? Was curious to know.
i guess i might have misunderstood what you said before this then. I was just wondering how the silver flutes and daytons compare to the PRV's. I rather like the PRV's, but i dont have any silver flutes or daytons to make the direct comparison and would hate to throw a hundred+ bucks at 2 pairs of drivers just to find out that it wasnt necessary. I realize that they are built in completely contrasting ways (the PRV's are built like PA drivers and the other 2 are more traditional with their rolled rubber surrounds). Ive been d@mn happy with the PRV's so far, but the application im using them in currently differs greatly from the door of my car. And its finally got warm enough where i live to do anything with the car speakers

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess i might have misunderstood what you said before this then. I was just wondering how the silver flutes and daytons compare to the PRV's. I rather like the PRV's, but i dont have any silver flutes or daytons to make the direct comparison and would hate to throw a hundred+ bucks at 2 pairs of drivers just to find out that it wasnt necessary. I realize that they are built in completely contrasting ways (the PRV's are built like PA drivers and the other 2 are more traditional with their rolled rubber surrounds). Ive been d@mn happy with the PRV's so far, but the application im using them in currently differs greatly from the door of my car. And its finally got warm enough where i live to do anything with the car speakers
waaaaaaaay less louder. Smoother, warmer sound with more midbass impact but its significantly less loud in the midrange section, night and day.

waaaaaaaay less louder. Smoother, warmer sound with more midbass impact but its significantly less loud in the midrange section, night and day.
so, youre saying the flutes and daytons are smoother and warmer, but nowhere near as loud as the PRV's, correct? If thats the case, i might just get some daytons for the B&W bookshelf speakers im using one pair of the PRVs in currently

so, youre saying the flutes and daytons are smoother and warmer, but nowhere near as loud as the PRV's, correct? If thats the case, i might just get some daytons for the B&W bookshelf speakers im using one pair of the PRVs in currently
yeah daytons would do well in a bookshelf since you really dont need that sort of output for home audio.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.