Looking for good midbass speakers & crossover to pair with my Tymphany tweeters

Just to let you know. I don’t think it’s been said. Good midbass is install and time dependent. Yes some drivers are better then others. But the best drivers won’t do well with a good install and tune. Phase between the sub is very important since the sub is covering most of it with harmonics.

Just to let you know. I don’t think it’s been said. Good midbass is install and time dependent. Yes some drivers are better then others. But the best drivers won’t do well with a good install and tune. Phase between the sub is very important since the sub is covering most of it with harmonics.
Can you elaborate a little as to how I would go about that or is it all ear or any words of advice ? I am not really good at tuning as much as I try lol thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wtf

Can you elaborate a little as to how I would go about that or is it all ear or any words of advice ? I am not really good at tuning as much as I try lol thanks in advance

Most of it is done on the RTA. A nice smooth transition at the crossover point. Measure each driver by itself then sum it.

bro this dudes retarded. drivers that have lower harmonic distortion will always do better than drivers that do not.

where did you say that?
You said the speaker with less distortion will do better.

Ok. How do you know which one has less distrortion? Are you going to measure each one on your own?

Ok. How are you going to measure it?

Ok. Are you going to completely eliminate every single nuance in the car to make sure that is not what you are hearing?

Ok. Are you sure you are really hearing distortion and it’s not just in your head?

Ok. How do you know it’s the speaker?

Feel free to answer any or all of that.

You said the speaker with less distortion will do better.
Ok. How do you know which one has less distrortion? Are you going to measure each one on your own?

Ok. How are you going to measure it?

Ok. Are you going to completely eliminate every single nuance in the car to make sure that is not what you are hearing?

Ok. Are you sure you are really hearing distortion and it’s not just in your head?

Ok. How do you know it’s the speaker?

Feel free to answer any or all of that.
you win bro. i'm too tired to argue with you.

The flutes are okay, nothing wrong with them. But a little bit more money will get you a lot more refinement.
These are both great for killer bass.

https://www.diysoundgroup.com/speaker-parts/speaker-components/woofers/anarchy7-4ohm.html

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-es180tia-8-7-esoteric-series-woofer-8-ohm--295-398

Don't worry about the Dayton being 8ohms, it destroys on normal power. It's some of the best bass I've heard, period.
Would the Alpine MRV-F300 be okay to use with the Daytons? Looks like they are basically the same cutout size and depth as the Flutes.

Did u mean without?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.