Looking For Feedback: 2006 Subaru WRX Passive Crossover Component Set?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Psycareyo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NY
I'm looking for a near plug & play, passive crossover component set for my Fiance's 06 Subaru WRX Limited.

She has a:

MTX Thunder 275X

RMS Power measured at 12.5 Volts DC:

37.5 Watts x 2 into a 4 Ohm load with less than 0.05% Thd+N

75 Watts x 2 into a 2 Ohm load with less than 0.1% Thd+N

150 Watts bridged into a 4 Ohm load with less than 0.1% Thd+N

I've read good things about Image Dynamics, Focal, JL Audio, Cadence, Memphis, Infinity and a couple other brands on this forum.

She is very much into sound quality. Her stock Subaru Limited speakers and tweeters sound excellent except for the high end. She isn't hearing that crisp high that she was used to out of her Infinity Kappa comp set in her last car.

It has to have a near OEM fitment. I'm sure that nothing larger than 3" mounting depth will fit.

Budget: $150-$200

What are your thoughts?

i just got the DLS iridium 6.2i components installed in my 07 Subaru WRX just recently. They fit in the stock speaker locations. Haven't really broken them in yet, but they sound good so far. also had an amp and a 12' sub installed in the trunk though. i'm not audiophile and quite new to car audio, but they sound way better to me than the stock speakers....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.