vifa xt25sc90 review

Participant count
  • Participant list

boardroomjimmy
10+ year member

I managed to cook one of my tweeters from my spx 17 pros. It suffered an utter and total failure, the cone was even crinkled up. They were very nice sounding tweets, very powerful, but never irritating. So I substituted a pair if vifa xt 25's from madisound($34.00 a piece). They sound equal to the alpines. There are some physical differences, so I don't think they're the same, although vifa could produce the alpines. Anyhow, they are an equally nice sounding tweeter for those in the market... Comps were being powered by JL 300/2, which is all the power they'll take from my experience.

Bummer on the SPX tweets as they do sound very nice. I went from xt25's to the Alpines when Pacparts had them for $17.50 each. Both need to be on-axis to get the most out of them. Either one can get loud without sounding harsh at all. Little to no sibilance unless you really have the gain high.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.