Looking for double din with tomtom

Participant count
  • Participant list

Coffeetime

Hey ladies and gents,

I'm in the market for a double din head unit. I've looked and looked but can't find one that fits my requirements. A Sony one came close but is unfortunately discontinued.

If any one could help me out with a solution (or mix of solutions) that would be great.

Here's my feature wants and needs:

Needs:

- tomtom Sat nav. Happy to pay extra for separate GPS thingy. I want tomtom as IMO it's the easiest user interface and tomtom live hd is excellent.

- hands free bluetooth calling, preferably with an optional extra microphone for better call clarity

- double din, preferably minimalist buttons as I'm looking for something classy

- reversing camera input

- touch screen display

Wants:

- android (galaxy s4) mirroring so I can use the apps on my phone (such as email, whatsapp, etc)

- decent brand (Sony, Pioneer, kenwood, etc)

- DAB radio, but I probably listen to mp3 more

- memory card slot for mp3, preferably not a USB type memory, but microSD or something similar that's discrete.

- ability to install own apps/software

- auto music muting on call

- Steering wheel control stick

Budget: anywhere up to £1k including fitting.

Notes:

- I'm UK based, so head unit needs to be UK region for radio tuning (and dvd if unit does that too - which is optional)

- any good places to get one fitted professionally? I'm based in hereford, West Midlands.

Thank you to all!

Kind regards,

Tom.

If you are stuck on TomTom I think that limits you to Sony products like the XAV-602BT, TomTom is a $250 add-on. Reviews on that HU are not that great, but there are a lot of messy Nav Head Units on the market right now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.