Looking for advice concerning subwoofers and amps

Participant count
  • Participant list
Right now in my 04 silverado i have a 5 channel rockford fosgate amp (P10005XD). I have two 6.5" infinity speakers in the front and two 4x6" kicker speakers in the back. My subwoofer is a 10" JBL sub. It has peak power 500 watts and RMS of 150W with 4 Ohms impedance.

I am happy with my speakers, and content with my subwoofer. I really want to improve my bass volume and get two 12" subs. now i know i already have a 1000w amp, but at the moment it is split between 5 different speakers. I want to get another amp to dedicate to 1 or both subs, im not sure what would be better or even possible.

my question is, what is the best route to take in adding two 12" inch subs, knowing that i already have a 1000w 5 channel amp? i plan on selling my current 10" inch sub, so i would have two subs in the end, not three.

do i need another amp? how many watts? what kind of subs would be best? what should the RMS be? how many Ohms? thank you in advance.

Right now in my 04 silverado i have a 5 channel rockford fosgate amp (P10005XD). I have two 6.5" infinity speakers in the front and two 4x6" kicker speakers in the back. My subwoofer is a 10" JBL sub. It has peak power 500 watts and RMS of 150W with 4 Ohms impedance.
I am happy with my speakers, and content with my subwoofer. I really want to improve my bass volume and get two 12" subs. now i know i already have a 1000w amp, but at the moment it is split between 5 different speakers. I want to get another amp to dedicate to 1 or both subs, im not sure what would be better or even possible.

my question is, what is the best route to take in adding two 12" inch subs, knowing that i already have a 1000w 5 channel amp? i plan on selling my current 10" inch sub, so i would have two subs in the end, not three.

do i need another amp? how many watts? what kind of subs would be best? what should the RMS be? how many Ohms? thank you in advance.
ok best option is to keep you5 ch. But only run your 4 interior speakers. Leave thr 5th channel not used. Then add a mono amp. Very simple and best option

You don't need 2 12's to get louder. There's not enough net airspace under there for 12's, even sealed. What kind of prefab box is your 10 in? I've built several boxes for the Silverado with 2 8's that get quite loud. Pm me if you're interested in more details about a good ported enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.