looking for a new battery!!!

martin8
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
im looking for a new battery get rid of my stock and get a new and better one and still just run one battery. and i wanna run a more than 12 volt battery i want a 16 volt battery. wat do i have to do to run it do i need an isolator or could i just switch it with no problem.

i was looking at this battery copy the link and tell me what u think Amazon.com: Pyle PBAT1000 1000 AMP 16V Battery Capacitor (Car Battery with Built-in Capacitor): Electronics i dont like plye car audio at all there garbage but idk about there batteries.

whooo thats pricey. idk if i need a 16 volt battery. but i want one because dont they pull more power from ur amp a 16 will get more watts then a 12 volt battery. am i right?

im running a power acoustik it says 1200 watts rms im lucky if im running 500 watts. and my whole truck dims to. i was thinking since my battery is old i need to get a new one soon anyways get a 16 volt get more power. and have a new one and i wanted it around 200 bucks. so i was also looking at xstatic.

You need a 16V system to run 16V, you dont have one. Go to Autozone and have them check your battery and get a yellow top
I would suggest not getting a yellow top because they are prone to failing quite often if they drop below a certain voltage. Just get a deka for the same price and have double the performance

I would suggest not getting a yellow top because they are prone to failing quite often if they drop below a certain voltage. Just get a deka for the same price and have double the performance
good thing my voltage wont drop so my yellow top stays good

I had an xs power D3400 in my truck and it was perfect on 2500w and my stock alt.

My new ride came with a Duralast Gold in it and I was thinking about getting a matching one in the back. Or I might just go with and AGM in the back.

I had an xs power D3400 in my truck and it was perfect on 2500w and my stock alt. My new ride came with a Duralast Gold in it and I was thinking about getting a matching one in the back. Or I might just go with and AGM in the back.
if only i felt like spending 300 on a battery

Yea my yellow top has no issues. Idk why Ur voltage would drop that far anyway, unless you are running it a lot with your car off. I'm not saying they are the best, but with the 3 year warrenty, you should be fine.

I think I'm gonna get a deka or a XS for my trunk. Hopefully that duralast gold doesn't kill you. You better vent it somehow if it isn't sealed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.