Looking for a good lower watt sub

Greg B

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hey everyone first post... anyways I’m looking for a sub in the 5-600 rms range that sounds good and has nice low end. I’m not dead set on the size but have been looking at the American bass xd1244 because of their reputation and it’s high efficiency rating (I know there are differing opinions on that). I also saw a 12” fi bl for sale locally and assume I don’t have enough power to make it sound right but if it would be decent I might check it out. I like messing around and trying new things so I’d like to keep the cost down but am open to any suggestions

I checked out ssa they had the best price for the xd I’m looking at. I know they get trashed but I have been running an old cvr 10 in a 1.5 ported at 35. I got it years ago in one of their truck boxes and it sounded like crap. I never really gave it a chance till the other day. I actually like the way it sounds and it works for me except that once in a while you want to crank it for a certain song

Efficiency ratings on subs are not worth much........they are rated at a 1,000 hz - not where you will be using it.

If you want a high efficiency sub, look for one that requires a large enclosure (if you have the space).

I’m getting back into car audio after a while and new to box building. Well, pretty much anything beyond buying a mainstream brand from Best Buy or Crutchfield. Running the ts specs through bcae1 the xd comes out to just about the size and tuning of the box I already built. It’s a 2.13cf aero port tuned to 30hz. Most subs I’ve had or looked at come out more like 4-6cf which I definitely can’t sacrifice.

If I were smart I’d get a w6 and be done with it. I’ll probably spend more trying different stuff out I kinda like the tinkering side of it though

Hey everyone first post... anyways I’m looking for a sub in the 5-600 rms range that sounds good and has nice low end. I’m not dead set on the size but have been looking at the American bass xd1244 because of their reputation and it’s high efficiency rating (I know there are differing opinions on that). I also saw a 12” fi bl for sale locally and assume I don’t have enough power to make it sound right but if it would be decent I might check it out. I like messing around and trying new things so I’d like to keep the cost down but am open to any suggestions

I thought this sounded better than the W6.

Screenshot_20200708-181306_Samsung Internet.jpg

Apparently 1800 woofers (ssa) is unable to get the xd. I get it with everything going on... anyways they offered me a more expensive sub that I didn’t particularly care for. I’m open to a substitute though. Any suggestions? I wouldn’t mind trying their demon model but it’s about twice as much so I doubt they’ll go for it

They are out of stock so never mind. To keep in line with the price range of the XD, do look at the SSA Demon. The W6 is a solid choice but pricey.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.