Looking for a box design for a pioneer champion series pro

Participant count
  • Participant list
i'd go with a dayton HO 18 if I were you lol.. Plus dayton HO subs dont need that big of a box. Yeah that pioneer is actually a low end only spec'd sub.
I took a look at the 18" Dayton and they're recommending a 4.0 cu box , they actually have a link to one of their boxes. Have you seen that box ? What do you think ? Appears to be sealed .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a look at the 18" Dayton and they're recommending a 4.0 cu box , they actually have a link to one of their boxes. Have you seen that box ? What do you think ? Appears to be sealed .

Thats an overpriced sealed box. You'll be labeled in idiot if you pay 165 plus ship for that box. Build the box with a 10 inch sonotube(round) port and box building and tuning will be very easy.

Thats an overpriced sealed box. You'll be labeled in idiot if you pay 165 plus ship for that box. Build the box with a 10 inch sonotube(round) port and box building and tuning will be very easy.
Is there a drawing out there that I can use ?

Whats soo hard about building a square box and cutting up a round tube and gluing it in?

Sample design right there with the cutout sheet there too. Just go crazy with the bracing however you want to do it to make the interior stronger.

bgSaW.jpg

Or this and use wooden dowel rods for bracing.

dGTdi.jpg

Just cut this to length and glue it to a wooden piece that you can screw onto the box and you can make interchangeable ports with varying lengths to get the sound and tuning you want. If you can build a slot port, a round port is like changing a lightbulb in comparison.

SAKRETE 10 in. x 48 in. Concrete Form Tube-65470006 - The Home Depot

tuemA.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.