Looking for a box design for a pioneer champion series pro

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrpep

CarAudio.com Elite
chicago
I have this pioneer champion series pro and I want to get the optimal sound out of it. Can someone provide me with a ported box tuned low about 28hz , this seems to really appeal to me - I really want to hear them lows. Thanks to anyone who can help me out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have this pioneer champion series pro and I want to get the optimal sound out of it. Can someone provide me with a ported box tuned low about 28hz , this seems to really appeal to me - I really want to hear them lows. Thanks to anyone who can help me out

*OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - Dodge SRT Forum

use the 2 cubic feet at 27hz or 29hz one.

It's going to be on my home theater system - I'm using a sealed now and it's not responsive enough . I put my JL w6v3 and it's nice but overkill - once the box is built for my pioneer , I will switch them back. I'm freaking addicted to audio lately and I partially blame you guys., lol .

Jeff,

Do you think that a t-line will improve sound quality , lows and output?

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

i'd go with 30 or 29 at the most. They like the lows, but they are not low low end monsters that impress with 27hz and below.
Jeff,

Jeff,

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Jeff,

I dont think that sub is T line friendly. Its a 45hz and under sub, big ported box tuned to 30hz. Use torres box calculator to design your box.

I was going to use the link you posted above and go with 2 cubes at 30hz - birch wood , what glue do you recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
76ef4fe58ddd05e27ddc41ceec8ee09a.jpg

This is 2cu @ 30hz

So this will be my build - tomorrow I cut the birch wood. I don't see a double baffle on this drawing , how important is one? Also, will this be a good design? Does someone have something better ?

8b8d4bd433083107c83dcf86967b54a0.jpg

Here it is , I should finish tomorrow- going to carpet since I ruined the finish with this dark gray glue, lol . I'll keep you all posted .

23c326004d5ffa81836f62e7767c89b7.jpg

I changed my mind by the way and went with 2cu @ 31hz - want it low but read a lot comments in Google about people regretting getting that low - felt safer at 31hz.

I changed my mind by the way and went with 2cu @ 31hz - want it low but read a lot comments in Google about people regretting getting that low - felt safer at 31hz.

you can always chop off port length if you want a higher tuning. Just telling you that that sub cant hit anything over 50hz for sh*t, no type of box will change that characteristic of it. I've experimented with too many box builds for that sub. Just dont be alarmed if you are missing those notes. Its natural.

Just play some 20-45hz music/movies and you should be pleased.

Cool, thanks for your help on this. I'll keep you posted and I think 31 he should be what I want it for - movie theater or van , old hip hop

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.