looking for a bad *** bass cannon for a 12" sub

metalhdmatt
10+ year member

i have had various different systems in my life, from almost factory sounding bass to windshield cracking bass. i sold my last system bc it was just to much as a daily driver plus i miss the free room but i miss the deep bass. im thinking to go top of the line 12" bass cannon and it should fit my needs... this is going in ex. cab part of my s10, i want minimum room took up, if anyone could help with this that be great, im open to ideas as well as long as im not taking up ALL my room in the rear like i did before.... and no im not doing subs in my bed with a blow through... out of the question at this point in time. thanks in advance

yes!! or a small slot port box build with sub to match the cubic air spec. i want my lows back but not us up the entire ex. cab.
How much room you want to sacrifice? An SA8v3 in a tline tuned down at 30 will destroy the lows and have great bandwidth. Holler at me if you're interested.

How much room you want to sacrifice? An SA8v3 in a tline tuned down at 30 will destroy the lows and have great bandwidth. Holler at me if you're interested.
Transmission lines are not tuned. They are supposed to have a throat the same area as the sd and the length is determined by the woofers fs..

Transmission lines are not tuned. They are supposed to have a throat the same area as the sd and the length is determined by the woofers fs..
Incorrect. You can reduce the pa as much as 10% and tune lower than fs if the qts has a value higher than .35. I've built many of these boxes and I know what works. That's a cookie cutter approach to a tline. I just did a dual hds208 tuned to 32 with an fs of 44.41. Yeah it digs lowww.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The fundamentals around the true nature of a tline are to have the same compliance and resonate frequency as the driver.. anything else isn't a transmission line..
Again incorrect.

The fundamentals around the true nature of a tline are to have the same compliance and resonate frequency as the driver.. anything else isn't a transmission line..
Incorrect. You can reduce the pa as much as 10% and tune lower than fs if the qts has a value higher than .35. I've built many of these boxes and I know what works. That's a cookie cutter approach to a tline. I just did a dual hds208 tuned to 32 with an fs of 44.41. Yeah it digs lowww.
You guys are both intelligent and both correct, you're just describing different usage. One of you is describing a scenario where the driver is fooled into not "seeing" any enclosure at all for the sake of utter perfect musicality (home use) and the other is describing a way to tame the impedance amplitude and offer control over the cone motion for the sake of great sounding high output (vehicle use).
Just don't want to see you guys going at it for no reason, you're better off using your big brains to share ideas and create some beautiful love child.

You guys are both intelligent and both correct, you're just describing different usage. One of you is describing a scenario where the driver is fooled into not "seeing" any enclosure at all for the sake of utter perfect musicality (home use) and the other is describing a way to tame the impedance amplitude and offer control over the cone motion for the sake of great sounding high output (vehicle use).
Just don't want to see you guys going at it for no reason, you're better off using your big brains to share ideas and create some beautiful love child.
Lol. All good man. A vast majority of the tlines I build are to SD and fs. Just saying that you can adjust them depending on values of the driver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.