looking for a bad *** bass cannon for a 12" sub

How much room you want to sacrifice? An SA8v3 in a tline tuned down at 30 will destroy the lows and have great bandwidth. Holler at me if you're interested.
want to save as much room as possible, my last system build took the entire back from side to side and almost all the way up to my window. i hated not having the room

Lol. All good man. A vast majority of the tlines I build are to SD and fs. Just saying that you can adjust them depending on values of the driver.
Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Yep, I hear you. Many of my TL's are tapered, shortened a bit, amd stuffed accordingly for a target response. On rare occasions, cross section area is reduced. Just depends on what's involved.
But once in a while... I make a monster that has full cross section (or more), full line length, and very little stuffing. Very different presentation, for sure.

What year s10?
I actually made a thread awhile back searching for sub ideas too in my ext cab s10.
2002, i loved the alpine type R in slot ported box build i did but it took way to much room. also built a false floor and hid amp under it in rear

Yep, I hear you. Many of my TL's are tapered, shortened a bit, amd stuffed accordingly for a target response. On rare occasions, cross section area is reduced. Just depends on what's involved.
But once in a while... I make a monster that has full cross section (or more), full line length, and very little stuffing. Very different presentation, for sure.
Man I wish you were close by cause I'd love to demo this dual 1544 box.....it's a monster. Plays from 18-70+ no sweat. And man the output is brutal.

Man I wish you were close by cause I'd love to demo this dual 1544 box.....it's a monster. Plays from 18-70+ no sweat. And man the output is brutal.
I have no doubt, I can just about hear it in my mind. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

ive built a transmission line and wave guild boxes. wave guild is basically a ported box built around the drivers but the port length is the length of 1/4 the wave length. hell you can use 1/8 too. it was pretty ****** but it was peaky at first.. i just made the initial chamber smaller(brung up the tuning) and it was alot flatter and had killer output.. had two punch he2 10s doing mid 140s on 1k. enough to blow the seals out the back windows of a 08 trailblazer..

2002, i loved the alpine type R in slot ported box build i did but it took way to much room. also built a false floor and hid amp under it in rear
Mines a 1998...paid 1800 cash for it .our years aren't too far off plus the same body style inside and out. If that's yours in your avatar, that's nice. This summer I plan to lower mine a little, get the window tint slightly darker and just got some HID headlights I'm gonna put in.

Any pics of previous work/install?

ive built a transmission line and wave guild boxes. wave guild is basically a ported box built around the drivers but the port length is the length of 1/4 the wave length. hell you can use 1/8 too. it was pretty ****** but it was peaky at first.. i just made the initial chamber smaller(brung up the tuning) and it was alot flatter and had killer output.. had two punch he2 10s doing mid 140s on 1k. enough to blow the seals out the back windows of a 08 trailblazer..
dude, this looks right up my alley... one 12'' would probably do just fine for me in a box like that. any sites i can look up to make a build? i build and carpet my own boxes, no offence to anyone trying to sell me boxes... i just need directions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

dude, this looks right up my alley... one 12'' would probably do just fine for me in a box like that. any sites i can look up to make a build? i build and carpet my own boxes, no offence to anyone trying to sell me boxes... i just need directions //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
what woofer is it. i don't mind helping..

Mines a 1998...paid 1800 cash for it .our years aren't too far off plus the same body style inside and out. If that's yours in your avatar, that's nice. This summer I plan to lower mine a little, get the window tint slightly darker and just got some HID headlights I'm gonna put in.
Any pics of previous work/install?
that is my truck!!! iv done all work my self, got it for 2000$$$ stock. that is a 3/4 drop, when you lower go with spindle and leafs! if you want to go lower than 2/3 then keep in mind you are getting into another level. i can help with that if you need. I have a ton of pics but cant figure out how to load them on here... i built false floor in ex.cab, dynamat all the inside, cut out 3rd seat, cut out 2'' poke out below rear window, sealed the air vent below the rear window and carpeted everything back there...

that is my truck!!! iv done all work my self, got it for 2000$$$ stock. that is a 3/4 drop, when you lower go with spindle and leafs! if you want to go lower than 2/3 then keep in mind you are getting into another level. i can help with that if you need. I have a ton of pics but cant figure out how to load them on here... i built false floor in ex.cab, dynamat all the inside, cut out 3rd seat, cut out 2'' poke out below rear window, sealed the air vent below the rear window and carpeted everything back there...
You got it man!! I just wanna do a 2/3 drop....nothing too much, still wanna be able to go over a speedbump easy lol Also level it...looks like stock right now the rear is about an inch high than front. I'm wanting a lowering kit, plus hardware included, figured that'd be the easiest to do rather than having to buy separate parts. I also replied to ya on Chevrolet S-10 Forum - The Largest Chevy S-Series enthusiast site : s10forum.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.