looking for a bad *** bass cannon for a 12" sub

Ive done a bazooka tube with an xfl ten in it in an xcab chevy 06 and fit just under the rear seat, and sounded pretty decent/got down pretty good

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Offtopic a bit.. @CSCStang, which would you do:

A high powered single 8" sub in a t-line or 2 ported 8's?

This will go into my ext cab s10.[/QUOTE]
I'll take the tline any day. Much more musical, along with solid output and bandwidth.

Transmission lines are supposted to acoustically stablize the drives impedance in order to have a flatter more stable impedance curve and phasing shifts as well. Not exactly a high output design but they do have greatter acoustic coupling so you do get more output than a critically damped normal vented alignment. If you truly want high output a compression horn with 1 8 or 10 is truly ******. Just be prepared to have a pretty large box..

Drivers impedance curves greatly differ. Impedance is often 10x Dcr at fs. The tline smooths it and help when the phasing issues/distortion assorted with the phase between the forward and rear sound waves..

Over the years I had the Boston G5 10" and 12" with radiator and they did work well for a small box. Even in a ported box They worked great. I like the SPS system where you could change the soft parts charging the coil ohms was very handy. Now it is hard to even find the G5's subs or parts any more.

first ever hearing of this, does the radiator speaker matter the brand?

Wanted the DC Audio m38 but open to other suggestions as well.
069976dd0efd6107bd53df551d26498d.jpg

That's what I run in the wife's Sequoia. Yeah it gets down lol.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Just as loud as 2 8's you think? The amp I have in mind will do 800 rms.
The zvx-8 I had in a t-line was louder on 650w than my 2 xd8's on 1200w, put my old hds212 to shame, and hit the lows almost as good as the Diamond Audio 15 I have now.

Sent from my Motorola 2950 Special Edition 3w.

Hmm.....I'll have to consider the tline then.

Man I forgot you have the m38 already!!

The Dealer that looks great too. If there's a way to get one designed so the sub's magnet isn't sticking out, I might consider it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.