looking for a 6.5 or 8 inch sub for HT application

Participant count
  • Participant list
but half the fun is designing it yourself and then building it. the other half is actually listening to your work. :)

Matt

make sure your math includes putting the proposed alignment into a particle collision engine to tell you what's going to happen where. anything less is an exotic cookie cutter. ie: JL Audio Fathom/Gotham/Penguin/Joker thing.

already got that checked out. but i still have to factor in the flux capacitors nominal nuclear alignment as well as the total volume change once the earth's tilt is taken into account. all in all i should be able to manage prety well once i solve those equasions

thats what i plan to do. now how would i go about that? i already want to externally port the enclosure, but im confused as to how much port i need. i am going to get as close to exact measurements of the enclosure tomorrow, including port diameter and length. that should tell me how much space i will really have inside the box once i remove the port.

Matt

Tang BandI've seen a lot of praise for these things but never actually used one myself. It says they are only rated at 50rms with 100 watts max, but if your feeling daring, $38 wouldn't be such a huge loss.
i have two of these in a decent size t-line box and HOT DAYUM! they are loud and very accurate. i give these two thumbs up!

what is the recomended volume for these beasts? im talking about the 6.5 inch versions tho.

Matt

edit: WTF?! the price just went to 61 bux!! im going to tripple check that im looking at the right driver. yep.... overnight the price almost doubled. its official, god hates me.

Price is still high on the TB woofer but i made a slight modification to the enclosure i have. i was cleaning the livingroom and found a plastic cup under the couch. it just happened to fit into the port of the box. so i cut the end off, stuffed it in the port, and taped around the joint to make sure it wouldnt leak air. adding about 8 inches of port dropped the tuning to 40ish hz. im having a problem finding any PVC pipe with the right OD to extend the pipe further but i have decided on building a tapped Horn enclosure as soon as i can wrap my head around the idea of changing the tuning and such.

Matt

haha, i dont mean like port tuning. but changing the dementions of S1, S2, S3, and S4 to change the frequency range. its actually kinda complicated. lol

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.