Looking for 2 gauge power wire (6 ft)

I was sitting 5 feet away from him and came to look over his shoulder too, the whole time he was working on it.
Also, is this what I'm looking for?

Amazon.com: Power Bright 2-AWG6 2 AWG Gauge 6-Foot Professional Series Inverter Cables: Home & Garden
You're the same guy that was bragging about your ported prefab being an awesome box and having the "baddest system on the block". Even if he did it all wrong you wouldn't know, it's the blind leading the blind...

Take it to a reputable shop and have them diagnose it.

It sounds like your amp is going into protect, you need the gains set by somebody who knows what they're doing. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif :fyi:

Side Note: I just setup my amp and new subs. Before it was hooked up on the same amp but old subs. Whenever I played them too loud the sub would stop pushing bass and it would just rattle. I would have to keep it off for a bit then try again. Same thing happened with this brand new sub! I called the guy at BestBuy that setup my system, and he said he checked everything so it's most likely is the power wire.
Does this sound accurate?
imo it almost sounds lke the amp is ether over heating or shot.

and as for Knu they are a reputable and good wire supplier. if you are looking for new wire just make sure its OFC (oxigen free copper) and not CCA (copper clad aluminum)

Also, I think the same issue happened on my old amp. Eventually, my subs stopped playing. Then I got my new amp, problem happened every now and then. Then I got my new sub, and problem happened once. (Just hooked it up today)

So yea I'm hoping it's the wiring.

EDIT: The BestBuy guy did not put in a CD where it plays 20 hz, 30 hz, etc. He just adjusted the gains on the sub. He said that he wires the sub, adjust the gains, and checks for phase.

EDIT2: Next time my sub has that problem again where it rattles and doesn't push bass, I'll be sure to check my amp to see if it really is going into protect or not.

[quote name='Pumper']The amp??? Man, this amp is new! The amp never gets hot. Hmm but you guys are saying to take it to an actual audio shop like Quality Auto Sound. :/ They are a bit more expensive.

@Bobfig word on the "not CCA". I just purchased this on Amazon. Amazon.com: Power Bright 2-AWG6 2 AWG Gauge 6-Foot Professional Series Inverter Cables: Patio, Lawn & Garden Tried searching for Oxygen Free Copper but those were all speaker wire, not power wire.[/QUOTE]

that kit shows its "OFHC Power Cable" "Oxygen-free high thermal conductivity"

Alright so it happened again when I my subs were hitting hard. I left my car on checked the amp, light was green, no protect mode. Touched my amp and the wires, nothing was hot. It was cold. Looked at my subs and the sub wasn't moving, but you could hear my sub doing something. So I get close and put my hand on the sub, it's as if my sub was farting.

Hopefully when I switch the ground and power cables, it'll be fixed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.