Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

LuvnThatBass
10+ year member

I like speakers
Phoenix
Choice #1 : 2x SoundQubed HDS312's

Choice #2 : 2x C2 Audio Team 1k 12's

Both companies have told me same power specs: both would perform great on 750W RMS for daily.

I know they are both pretty new speakers, but I was hoping to get any input from people that have experience with both or either of these speakers.

Box: 4.0ft^3 @ 35Hz (6" Aero, 1 or 2 ports)

Wiring: 1/0 for big 3 and power/ground wire

Battery: XS Power D1200 in place of engine battery.

Speakers: wired to 1ohm

Powered by a Crunch GP3000D Pro - about 1500w RMS @ 2ohm, so if the box rise is not too high, I could be getting around 2000w RMS - assuming my electrical can keep up

What are your thoughts?

I just had 2x Skar VVX-12 v2's in a 3.75ft^3 @ 32Hz box. I ended up selling them within a few weeks, was just not that impressed with them.. before that I had a single Audioque (when that was the name) HDC3 12", and that beast impressed the heck out of me.

I like bass to be as loud as possible, but want to stay within $500 for a pair of 12's.

What are your thoughts?

I appreciate any input!

2 HDC3 12" will be right at $500.
Right, but that is just going to require too much power than I care to produce from my Kia Soul - no HO alternator, no battery in back.

If I had a 3-4k watt RMS set up, that would be my choice, but right now i have enough power for a single HDC3 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you have enough power for either but the c2 is really nice and is what I would pick out of the two.

Gcon is what I would suggest to you.

I don't think you have enough power for either but the c2 is really nice and is what I would pick out of the two.Gcon is what I would suggest to you.

Regarding the power, I do have enough. Not enough to match their RMS power rating, but when speaking with the owners they say 750W RMS is great.

Do you have any experience with the C2?

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

I don't think you have enough power for either but the c2 is really nice and is what I would pick out of the two.Gcon is what I would suggest to you.
...also, I can always add another or larger amp AND a battery. Rather get something that has the potential for upgrade rather than be stuck with something not powerful enough..

Why do you suggest the Gcon over my two other choices?

I said the gcon because you had vvx's and wanted more and they would give you just that. That c2 is a monster imo and will take well over 1k rms, now if you're going to buy another amp with twice the power, the c2 would have my vote but you did not say that.

I'm in the market myself for subs and have been reading non stop on them. If I could fit those c2's in my car the way I wanted to, they would be there already.

C2's are great subs, I think the team would laught at 750, my brothers 15 c2 never gets stinky on 1000. Team should be better! Great woofers none the less

Rms is not a requirement.. its the most you can safely run a speaker day in day out if you want to be safe, NOT a requirement yo get output.. the hdc3 has a MUCH bigger stronger motor than the hds.. it will get louder off the safe power and you like its sound anyways. Just get 2 of them and stop worrying about the numbers on the side of the boxes

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...