loc problems

Thanks for the reply, and in order to use a signal after the amp I would have to upgrade the loc to a higher rated unit? Is this correct, I tried tapping in after the amp and it resulted in no signal.

tap left and right speakers instead. i'm not sure why using the sub wires didn't work - was the sub connected? i'd put a scope or DMM on the output to verify.

the rating is not why it didn't make sound. there is something else going on. play a 50Hz sine wave on a CD and use a DMM to measure VAC output from the factory amp. do this with and without a sub connected.

That's because the sound going into the factory amplifier does not correspond with the controls on the stereo, but the sound going out of the factory amplifier does. This is why peole should invest in a good LOC like the AudioControl LOC's, they each take up to 400 wats each channel of input, therefore making it possible for you to use the wiring coming out of the factory amplifier and using all the factory settings on the stereo such as, ie. mute, volume, on/ off, fade controls, bluetooth, etc...

Thanks for all the help guys, I tapped into the door speakers at the amp and all is well. Owner of vehicle is still going to upgrade loc to the audio control unit to restore bass at higher volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.