loc problems

d-aguil9

Recently installed an amplifier in a 06 lexus is250 wired in a dirt cheap scosche loc-80, for the input wires i used the factory subwoofer wires coming out of the factory amp. Upon testing I found no sound from sub, all powers and ground ok, my question is do i need to tap into a set of wires before the factory amp in order to receive my signal to the loc? Thanks in advance.

Recently installed an amplifier in a 06 lexus is250 wired in a dirt cheap scosche loc-80, for the input wires i used the factory subwoofer wires coming out of the factory amp. Upon testing I found no sound from sub, all powers and ground ok, my question is do i need to tap into a set of wires before the factory amp in order to receive my signal to the loc? Thanks in advance.
Yes try it. Some cheap locs can't take the amplified signal.

Yea your loc only accepts up to 80watts im sure the lexus amp is putting out more than 80 watts to the sub. You shouldnt cheap out on the loc though, the hassle and trouble isnt worth it as your already experiencing... Just my .02

except the LOC, if properly wired, will still pass sound through. if you tap before the factory amp, you may not need a LOC at all.

what did you use for a remote turn-on?

i like the Audio Control LC2i or David Navone NRHL2. the LC2i includes bass restoration but both have auto turn-on remote output.

does your amp have high level inputs?

For the remote circuit I picked up a add a circuit fuse holder and installed it in the power point fuse slot, and yes the amp dies have a high level input. It looks like it takes a connector in order to plug into the high level input, connector is no where to be found any idea where I could find one, thanks.

For the remote circuit I picked up a add a circuit fuse holder and installed it in the power point fuse slot, and yes the amp dies have a high level input. It looks like it takes a connector in order to plug into the high level input, connector is no where to be found any idea where I could find one, thanks.
What amp are you using? And yeah an lc2i is a really good one.

ah, yea, the high level inputs require a 4-pin connector. the newer version of that amp has a button for high level and can use the adapters linked above. yours would need the 4-pin harness.

http://srv2.umlib.com/c04b9b655e6c5dd952e97d08e7fe3ae3/ZX200-250.2.pdf-0.png

you can try tapping the rear speaker wires instead and see if you get sound.

it's also possible you wired the two LOC inputs out of phase when connecting to the sub out. that would result in no output either. you can test that by just connecting one set of wires (left).

Update I tapped into the wires before the amp and now I do have an audio signal but when stereo is muted sub woofer continues playing and volume only controls car speakers sub never changes. What could be going on,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.