Little subs with BIG sound

Boat_guy

Iowa
Ok guys I have recently purchased my next wtf is that project. I have bought a 10ft mini speed boat and I'm looking for the biggest boom I can get out of about 2.5 cubes. I was thinking two sa8's or maybe a single x-10. Unfortunately a 10 is as big as will fit under the bow. Now this is where you sundown guys can really help me would I be better off with two 8's or a single 10. I would like to run sundown but I am open to other options. I am looking to get the most output out of the small space I have as I can. I will be running the boat this year but the big build will start next as I have a lot of cash to save up for, for my hull conversion. But I would like to have my audio equipment sitting ready to install when I get to that point in the build.

Power will not be a problem. Will the 8's dig as low as a 10. I'd be willing to try two x-8's also. Depending on if they work well in ported box that size.

Yes, they use essentially the same box as a sa8. Bout .75 to 1cu per. You know it's hard to get loud on a boat so throw some power at them biotches.

My buddies boat I threw my little 10" vmax cerwin vega on 400rms in there tuned to 32 hertz did very well. Its a nice little sub to bad they stopped making them. Thats what I'll be running in the mini for this year along with a pair of jl marine 7.7 components. I'll be putting the vmax on 600rms so I don't have to clip the ship out of it like last year. Lol ya I said ship no pun intended.

More woofer means more sound. If you've got the power to run two 8's. They will be louder than one 10.
It's more about cone area than "More woofers means more sound.". Yes, two 8's will be louder than one 10 (especially if the X-10 has the wide roll surround).

Power will not be a problem. Will the 8's dig as low as a 10. I'd be willing to try two x-8's also. Depending on if they work well in ported box that size.
Size of a sub does not affect frequency response. 8's can"dig as low" as 18's

It's more about cone area than "More woofers means more sound.". Yes, two 8's will be louder than one 10 (especially if the X-10 has the wide roll surround).

I meant more woofer=more cone area. it was early and i couldnt think of the right word for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.