Line Out Converter and Amp but no sound!!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mikeizo

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hello.. So I have a 2011 Jetta and i just purchased an amp installation kit. Ive already ran all my wires. My Line out converter turns on. My Amp turns on. Ive cut the speaker wires to the factory harness behind my stock head unit. "Oh yeah im using the stock head unit for this install." Lets see Ive ran my left drier side front and rear positive and negative speaker leads to channel 1 on my line out converter and same thing for passenger side positive and negative leads. i have RCA cables running from line out converter to my amp. ive put the RCA cables in input 1 and 2 on my amp. I have a few amps and the one im using for this install is an Alpine V12 MRV-F301. I was trying to use the factory speaker wiring but no sound was coming out. Ive now ran speaker wire in both series and then changed it to parallel. With the head unit volume turned up all the way and the gain on the amp turned up I can faintly hear some audio. I am just beyond stumpped and hopefully someone can help me.. My next decision is to maybe move my ground from the amp or at least grind off anything to make a metal to metal contact. Maybe need to use a different grounding point for my line out converter as well.. idk HEELLPP

Lets see Ive ran my left drier side front and rear positive and negative speaker leads to channel 1 on my line out converter and same thing for passenger side positive and negative leads
You can only use one channel ouput per LOC Hi channel input. If both front and rear radio outputs are wired together, they may burn out. Use only the fronts.

You can only use one channel ouput per LOC Hi channel input. If both front and rear radio outputs are wired together, they may burn out. Use only the fronts.
Do you mean put right side front on one channel and then left side front on one channel? What about my rear speakers? Would I just wire it up to the amp?

Do you mean put right side front on one channel and then left side front on one channel? What about my rear speakers? Would I just wire it up to the amp?
It didnt come with a wiring manual ? looks like a two speaker hook up to me unless u can hook up two speakers to front channel and two speakers to the other channel which i have no idea if you can or cannot cause i dont use these things.make sure the gain is turned up on it and just try hooking up two front speakers on it.does it have 2 or 4 rca inputs ?

Last edited:
It didnt come with a wiring manual ? looks like a two speaker hook up to me unless u can hook up two speakers to front channel and two speakers to the other channel which i have no idea if you can or cannot cause i dont use these things.make sure the gain is turned up on it and just try hooking up two front speakers on it.does it have 2 or 4 rca inputs ?
Just 2.. I thought I could run the left side speakers on one channel and right side speakers on the other channel. Fml

You will not use the radio's rear speaker outputs. If this solves your issue, we can move to speaker wiring options.
So I’ve hooked up left side front speakers positive and negative to one channel and right front speakers positive and negative to the other channel. I’m still not getting sound.

So I’ve hooked up left side front speakers positive and negative to one channel and right front speakers positive and negative to the other channel. I’m still not getting sound.
Try connecting a speaker directly to the radio speaker output. At low volume, if it plays, then the LOC may be bad. If it does not play, then the outputs may have shorted.

Try connecting a speaker directly to the radio speaker output. At low volume, if it plays, then the LOC may be bad. If it does not play, then the outputs may have shorted.
Hey so just to update this thread. I checked continuity from a speaker wire from one speaker to the amp. On the negative lead I have continuity on not one but 3 other speaker terminals. So do I have a amp that is bad? It’s shorted right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...