Lights dimming

The alternator was built to run the vehicle and have a small amount of reserve capacity. If you are drawing a crapload more current over the rated amount, it is going to start to rob current from elsewhere in the system, most noticeably the lights as it is what you can see. While a cap may be beneficial here to smooth out the peaks in the draw, it does not solve the problem. The problem is that you are drawing more than you car can produce. Bigger alternator time. The more electrical crap in the vehicle, the more it is going to draw.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif 500w requires a bigger alternator than 130... That's lame.

My friend has a Hyundai and it has a 90 amp alternator. He has a yellow top battery and he is pulling 1300w rms clipped to hell and he has no dimming.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.