Dimming help!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Daniel Lee

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone, I had a couple questions regarding my setup. I’ve got an 18 accord sport 1.5T, and it’s equipped with an NVX VAD 11005 5 channel powering the speakers, and a kicker cx 1800.1 powering a kicker dual L7 box. My questions How much of a benefit will it be to get the big three upgrade done? I do have a diehard platinum AGM battery. Am I able to upgrade the wires while keeping the stock alternator as well? I do notice dimming when the base hits.

Hey everyone, I had a couple questions regarding my setup. I’ve got an 18 accord sport 1.5T, and it’s equipped with an NVX VAD 11005 5 channel powering the speakers, and a kicker cx 1800.1 powering a kicker dual L7 box. My questions How much of a benefit will it be to get the big three upgrade done? I do have a diehard platinum AGM battery. Am I able to upgrade the wires while keeping the stock alternator as well? I do notice dimming when the base hits.
Big three never hurts.
What is the length of the runs to the amplifiers?
What Gauge wire?
Parallel or chassis ground where the amps are located?

Could be as simple as and running parallel +/- 1/0 gauge wire and a 100ah LiFePO4 battery in the trunk

Why the 5 channel and the monoblock?

Last edited:
Big three never hurts.
What Gauge wire?

Could be as simple as and running parallel +/- 1/0 gauge wire and a 100ah LiFePO4 battery in the trunk

I see, it has the option run it in a 4 channel mode, interesting...

Big three never hurts.
What Gauge wire?

5 channel didn’t have enough power for the sub so I decided to get a separate mono for it, and yes it is 1/0 gauge wire

5 channel didn’t have enough power for the sub so I decided to get a separate mono for it, and yes it is 1/0 gauge wire
the big three is always a good idea. If you're only seeing issue during periods of heavy BASS (common) and not all the time, then a small AGM or LiFePO4 in the trunk should go a long way to improve that situation. I've spent the better part of the last year studying various 2nd battery options. For smaller-ish systems, one of these is fine. 100AH, 100a continuous BMS, 280 amp 7 second burst/surge rates, no isolator needed, sealed maintenance free. Run another 1/0 ground from the AGM under the hood to the rear of the car parallelto the pos already in, parallel ground, all set.

https://www.bestcaraudio.com/car-audio-myths-you-cant-ground-a-car-audio-amplifier-to-the-battery/

LiFPO4

or, if you gots the room, got a BNIB one of these, $200 to your doorstep (including a smart charger)

Overkill but great

I've seen these recommended but could not find out what the BMS limiter is. It says up to 500a peak, but you would want to contact the company and make sure that it will handle like 100a constant and 2-25A burst. Pretty inexpensive

The Big3 will be quite beneficial and By adding a second AGM (the largest you can afford) at the amplifiers will help with the majority of the supply needs for this set up and vehicle. I believe that Honda still had the ELD in most vehicles that you should be aware of, and maybe do some research. I myself had a CRV that had this, and did a Bypass of it, and used two Oriileys Super Start 34/78 AGMs( One under the hood removing the Airbox and adding a cold Air intake and one in rear @ amplifiers with existing 90 amp alternator with Big3 all 2/0ga welding cable supply wiring on Old school Mmats D300HC @2ohms and Two CrossFire TEK 100,.2, and served quite well

Big 3 will not help dimming. Big 3 helps get more power to your amp, which is the opposite of what you want to reduce dimming. Either add lifepo4 as stated above or turn down your gain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...