Dimming Head/Dashboard lights

Participant count
  • Participant list

7saiin

CarAudio.com Newbie
Bahrain
Since i installed a skar 350d amp my car headlights and dashboard lights are dimming on bass notes, my alternator is good, battery is brand new (with a higher ah than the original one), big 3 upgrade is on the system (0 gauge) what could be the issue and how to fix it?
my car has a small 350d skar amp and a 60 watt x4 sound stream amp

not sure i own a 2018 toyota corolla 2.0L engine
Sure it isn't a 1.8L? It's going to be 85A minimum and 110A/125A likely if it's OEM.
You should not have an issue given the draw for that amplifier. The issue may be that the cars utilizes an engine control unit (ECU), also called an engine control module (ECM), which may regulates/reduces the alternator output which increases gas efficiency but may be starving the amp and in turn, starving the lights too.. You'll have to check with Toyota to confirm this as a possible issue.

Last edited:
Sure it isn't a 1.8L? It's going to be 85A minimum and 110A/125A likely if it's OEM.
You should not have an issue given the draw for that amplifier. The issue may be that the cars utilizes an engine control unit (ECU), also called an engine control module (ECM), which may regulates/reduces the alternator output which increases gas efficiency but may be starving the amp and in turn, starving the lights too.. You'll have to check with Toyota to confirm this as a possible issue.
im sure its a 2.0L

Small import engines don't have alts that are big enough to handle the draw.
I had a 95 civic si (bought it brand new)
I put a optima yellow top in it, back then its one of the best you could get
I was running a RF punch 200 and a 4 channel alpine and my car looked like Stu's disco inferno driving down the road
I upgraded the alt to 200 amps but at the time it was $800 Can. for it
Now you can get one for half that price

If everything is dimming then your alt cant handle the draw and eventually it will burn out

Small import engines don't have alts that are big enough to handle the draw.
I had a 95 civic si (bought it brand new)
I put a optima yellow top in it, back then its one of the best you could get
I was running a RF punch 200 and a 4 channel alpine and my car looked like Stu's disco inferno driving down the road
I upgraded the alt to 200 amps but at the time it was $800 Can. for it
Now you can get one for half that price

If everything is dimming then your alt cant handle the draw and eventually it will burn out
Turns out that the big 3 cables connected the ground had some rust on the surface, brushed them with a wire brush and now there is no dimming whatsoever.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...