Lifting my jeep

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm somewhat confused by your description but thats not a shackle lift.

You kind of contradicted yourself there because the block will either go between the spring and the spring perch on the axle OR between the body and the frame. Not between the spring and the frame.

A block lift isn't hard to do at all, just find some 2" aluminum/steel blocks, cut them to roughly the same length/width of your spring perch and drill a hole for the end of the centering bolt on the leaf spring. Toss them in between the leaf spring and perch and you're done.

A body lift is when you have pucks or some kind of block between the frame and body. You have to lift the body off the frame a little, remove the stock body mounts or add to them with larger ones.

Now, a shackle lift is replacing your stock shackles that connect the leaf springs to the frame with longer, aftermarket ones. Not very hard either but sometimes it can be difficult if the bolts are siezed.

I'm somewhat confused by your description but thats not a shackle lift.You kind of contradicted yourself there because the block will either go between the spring and the spring perch on the axle OR between the body and the frame.

A block lift isn't hard to do at all, just find some 2" aluminum/steel blocks, cut them to roughly the same length/width of your spring perch and drill a hole for the end of the centering bolt on the leaf spring. Toss them in between the leaf spring and perch and you're done.

A body lift is when you have pucks or some kind of block between the frame and body. You have to lift the body off the frame a little, remove the stock body mounts or add to them with larger ones.
ya it goes between the lift spring and where the lift springs connect to the frame. btw, i have nowhere to build that stuff. i need a kit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.