Jeep ZJ Crawler Project

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hell yeah man, really like that 3 sub setup.
It sounded so great. Didn't leave much room for amp(s) and battery though AND being above the window line left me in a bad situation at competitions.

The other box I threw together with the cheapest plywood I could find the day before a show. The takeaway there is the orientation. You'd need to test a bit to get the exact angle but firing the port into that corner was loudest. With the seats up the box set along the back wall the port loaded down a bit and was fair for music.

Box came out pretty sick, this is with 3 coats of poly over a one coat grey carbon base stain. I am going to wait 4 to 5 days for it to harden then sand it down and hit it with 3 more coats. The stain covered really well, i did scuff it with 400 before I cleared it to give it a weathered finish which I'm fond of. It almost looks like marble lol. The SSA mids came in today as well. Pics do not do these little bastards justice. The build quality is fantastic and they are heavy af for 6.5's, the tweeters are even heavy, feels like a good set. Will try to get them in this weekend.
IMG_20230515_203224285_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230515_203214699_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230515_203247792_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230515_203312339_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230515_203259882_HDR.jpg

Box came out pretty sick, this is with 3 coats of poly over a one coat grey carbon base stain. I am going to wait 4 to 5 days for it to harden then sand it down and hit it with 3 more coats. The stain covered really well, i did scuff it with 400 before I cleared it to give it a weathered finish which I'm fond of. It almost looks like marble lol. The SSA mids came in today as well. Pics do not do these little bastards justice. The build quality is fantastic and they are heavy af for 6.5's, the tweeters are even heavy, feels like a good set. Will try to get them in this weekend.
View attachment 49087View attachment 49088View attachment 49089View attachment 49090View attachment 49091
That enclosure color looks pretty badd azz. Be perfect color for inside one my trucks. sweet looking mids. Ill have check those out.Depth would not matter much to me using door pods. Im a succker for C.Fiber! 👀 👀

Damn 54hz, that's a little buzzy lol.

This was a good 30 second music track for me, you'd start at about 120 seconds for the most consistent tone.

Also this depending on your mood. You'll want to get in your 30 seconds before the 1 minute mark or so.

I think 45 may be my sweet spot,
My Grand Cherokee LTD I have now peaks 43 sealed 45 with a door open but that's with a B-pillar wall. It may be that is more a function of the box volume. Measure corner to corner, divide by the speed of sound then divide by 2 and 4 and that will give you a rough idea of where you will see half and quarter-wave peaks.

Will tuning higher, say 45hz, kill your low end?
Really depends on your definition of "low". I would not tune above 40hz for any application other than SPL burps. I've generally enjoyed 37-40hz tuning but you may "have" to tune lower if you like to play test tones and half speed """music""" and of course I haven't modeled or tested Evil so I can't really say how that behaves in any particular tuning.

This was a good 30 second music track for me, you'd start at about 120 seconds for the most consistent tone.

Also this depending on your mood. You'll want to get in your 30 seconds before the 1 minute mark or so.

My Grand Cherokee LTD I have now peaks 43 sealed 45 with a door open but that's with a B-pillar wall. It may be that is more a function of the box volume. Measure corner to corner, divide by the speed of sound then divide by 2 and 4 and that will give you a rough idea of where you will see half and quarter-wave peaks.

Really depends on your definition of "low". I would not tune above 40hz for any application other than SPL burps. I've generally enjoyed 37-40hz tuning but you may "have" to tune lower if you like to play test tones and half speed """music""" and of course I haven't modeled or tested Evil so I can't really say how that behaves in any particular tuning.

Right on, thanks for the info.

Interested in how those evils mids and tweeters sound. I've had my cdt cl62 pros for a long time. Might be ready for a change.
I'm going to set them up active through a DSP with recommended rms and tune towards SQ. We will see, I will post what my amateur ears can discern.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...