Taking care of a Black car

StylishBlondi
10+ year member

its so hard to take care of a black car what do you do? i don't want to take my car to the car wash everyday and i don't have time to wash it myself...ive also heard that if you take a car to a car wash that it gets scratches on it is that true...especially a black car.so wat can i do to keep it clean and shiny

its so hard to take care of a black car what do you do? i don't want to take my car to the car wash everyday and i don't have time to wash it myself...ive also heard that if you take a car to a car wash that it gets scratches on it is that true...especially a black car.so wat can i do to keep it clean and shiny
I did not know car washes were racist

Just tell your car it is ok and to ignore the racist whie devils who make fun of him, also toss him a drumstick from KFC in the tailpipe if he looks like he has a case of the blues

It really depends on how much time you would like to devote to taking care of your car. Here's what you SHOULD ideally do to keep the paint flawless. Keep this up religiously and your car will be consistently smooth and shiny for 3-5 years before you have to re-polish. And yes, car washes (especially ones with brushes) do create light swirl marks. Brushless washes create fewer swirls, but the high pressure water is hard on the finish and will cause scratching as well.

1. Polish it if it has any swirl marks/scratches.

2. Apply two layers of paint sealant every six months.

3. Wax the car with a paste-based wax every two months. (Yes, on top of the paint sealant)

4. Wash the car once a week on your own. It shouldn't take you more than 10 - 15 minutes to rub the car down with a sponge, rinse, and then dry with a chamois or microfiber towel. Placing the towel down without wiping will help prevent swirl marks and scratches.

Let me know if you have any questions, I detail a lot of cars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

edit: LOL at the other posts. This is why I love CA.com

It seems some car washes have harder brushes which can scratch cars but in black cars especially you can see every little scratch. Just find a nice car wash and get a unlimited monthly pass like I did..

I pay a detailer to wash polish my black lightning every other week. And I have the same guys detail it once a year. Acid bath, paint sealant, buff, polish.. the works. If you dont have time to do it on your own its going to cost you. Or just let it get all f***ed up.

It really depends on how much time you would like to devote to taking care of your car. Here's what you SHOULD ideally do to keep the paint flawless. Keep this up religiously and your car will be consistently smooth and shiny for 3-5 years before you have to re-polish. And yes, car washes (especially ones with brushes) do create light swirl marks. Brushless washes create fewer swirls, but the high pressure water is hard on the finish and will cause scratching as well.
1. Polish it if it has any swirl marks/scratches.

2. Apply two layers of paint sealant every six months.

3. Wax the car with a paste-based wax every two months. (Yes, on top of the paint sealant)

4. Wash the car once a week on your own. It shouldn't take you more than 10 - 15 minutes to rub the car down with a sponge, rinse, and then dry with a chamois or microfiber towel. Placing the towel down without wiping will help prevent swirl marks and scratches.

Let me know if you have any questions, I detail a lot of cars //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

edit: LOL at the other posts. This is why I love CA.com

You forgot the clay bar step. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You want it to look like this? 41,000 miles and original paint?????

SU01.jpg

SU02.jpg

SU03.jpg

SU04.jpg

SU05.jpg

SU11.jpg

Lots of wax!!!!

Do not wash with rags, brushes ETC ETC.

Do not drive it.

This car has about 20 coats of wax on it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.