Lexus SC400 install (Morel, Scan Speak, Mag's)

And here is the SS being installed onto the door:

ScanSpeakInst.JPG

ScanSpeakInst2.JPG

ScanSpeakInst3.JPG

ScanSpeakInst4.JPG

And here are the SS's installed and the door panels put back on after being modified by Brandon:

SSInstalled.JPG

SSInstalled3.JPG

And before anyone says anything negative: YES there will be custom grilles made to cover up the mids at a later date.

Test fitting the sub enclosure, sanding, and the amp rack (notice the use of beer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif):

Sanding.JPG

Sanding2.JPG

SubEnclosure.JPG

SubEnclosure2.JPG

SubEnclosure3.JPG

The Eclipse 7200 mkII has since been installed and a new rear deck has been made and the rear deck has been completely cut out, but other than that the install remains un-touched. I'm going to try to get the floor finished or at least started this weekend. I'll post pics of all of it after I'm done.

The gas tank is directly below the rear deck, so no IB. A single shallow 10" on the rear deck is what came factory. Now the area from the left rear speaker to the right rear speaker is one gigantic hole. However, there are a lot of people who just upgrade the 10" driver and call it day.

Your first Idea on the audax speakers in factory location was sick it looked really clean im curious to see how you mount the new mids. Your noise was probably due to factory ground for your head unit, maybe not but thats my guess i had some major noise problems for a long time. I finally found out it was from both power-line static and from the ground not being sufficient enough for my HU and it grounded through the RCA's preouts, which blew them. In your case you have factory in so it was most likely grounding the speaker leads into the 360. Result STATIC. Even with car off.

I see. I didnt' know the gas tank sticks out that far back... *****.

SubEnclosure.JPG

did you cover that hole in the doors with something else other than the sheet of mat deadener?

I see. I didnt' know the gas tank sticks out that far back... *****.
SubEnclosure.JPG

did you cover that hole in the doors with something else other than the sheet of mat deadener?
Haha, I was just going through the posts trying to find that pic to show you. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nah, other than the piece of deadener, that's it. The Revelators are in their own sealed door pods, so I just needed something to keep moisture from getting onto the back side of the door skin (and to also knock down noise).

The factory amp worked fantastic with the factory amplifier and CD changer. The grounds were all solid. I tapped into everything back there (Lexus uses a common ground for their RCA channels, which was a bitch), but the noise was killing me. I see what you're saying though about the grounding. At this point it really doesn't matter anymore. I just wish I would have know what a PITA it was going to be to try to integrate in with the factory setup ahead of time, ya know? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.