Leased car: What should i do about my Audio? (long post)

Participant count
  • Participant list

10+ year member

IN
First, thanks to anyone who endures this post...i wanted to explain it well to avoid the typical responses.

Well i think i screwed up last year when i bought my audio equipment, i want to salvage what i can and first i'll explain the situation cause it really doesnt sound all that great, not that i ever expected much anyway, i just want to improve it some:

Honda Civic-05, its a leased car, due to turn in next year. So i never wanted to mess with the stock HU or front speakers for two reasons. i didnt want to to swap it all back out again when i turn it in and, i dont really know how to take the car apart to do whats needed and likely i'd break something. I've broken those door clips before in another car so i cant risk breaking anything or they'll charge me.

Last year i bought some audio gear and here is the list.

Jl audio W3 and W1 12 inch subs in small sealed boxes ( ok i screwed up here cause i bought the W1 first, then later i wanted more power so i got the W3 and a bigger amp but the W1 handles the power fine.)

RF punch 600.1 mono amp (600 watts total at 2ohms)

Alpine T220 (75 watts at 2 ohms supposedly)

2-6x9 Infinity reference 2 ohm speakers on rear deck. (over paid, best buy charged me $289, it was far cheaper online i later found out)

Kicker 2 way crossover (cant tell difference in SQ with or without it really)

David Navone and Richard Clark Line output converter ( are these really top shelf? i was told so) http://www.davidnavone.com/heresHow/index.htm

cheap ground loop isolator ( i had some engine whine issues in my 6x9's)

High end RCA cables

5 gauge power cable.

Ok, so the system turned out a bit ghetto, i didnt originally plan to get all that, i started with 6x9's and wanted more each time.

its not horrible, but bass sounds a bit muddy, 6x9's sound high and frequency isnt smooth between the 2, i mostly want it to hit hard and clean with full range sound from 6x9's...not really SQ or anyting, just full range.

i dont want to spend alot, car accoustics are bad anyway so wouldnt matter. the W1 sub is in perfect size box (1.25 sealed) W3 is off a bit (1.65, can be sealed or ported)

I want to keep the 6x9's, their hard to change plus they seem good quality build and were very expensive, i dont think anything else i put back there, despite being better would really make much difference that i would notice up front anyway.

Ok, so what the heck should i do with this wasted mess? i know its ideal to change fronts but i'm not going to...however i did consider ghetto'ing a couple 6 inchers under the dash or something? I dont know what to do with it anymore.

should i get several 8 inch subs or maybe do 1 single? which would hit harder without muddying up my mids/highs?

a larger sub amp would have to double to make much difference right? not sure about that.

open to suggestions and thanks for reading.

Edit: btw, i listen to rock/metal music if that makes a difference

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.