Last help Post on dad installing son's first stereo. thanks

I will try to get some pictures up this week, I got my son's first stereo build finished. We went to a Stereo comp in Shreveport La this last Saturday 15th at Audio Anarchy, a great stereo shop IMO. This was our very first Stereo comp and we didn't really know what to expect but I have got to say every one we met was really nice, offered up advice for free and demoed to us their very nice builds.

My son took First place in Street 2 and he could not be happier. He did a 142.6 at 47 hz, good enough for 1st. We met some amazing people and had a really great time. I think my son is hooked and we talked about upgrading all the way home even though I just got this all finished with the help of Audio anarchy.

Final build.......For now in his 2002 Toyota 4 runner

Pioneer 500EX  HU

SSA Evil 6.5

Skar tweeters in pod's in A pillars

two 12" Amepere 2.5 subs in a ported box at 36Hz

Skar RP 1500.1 with Knu 0-Ga

Skar  RP 150.4 with Knu 4-Ga

Big 3 Knu- 0-ga

I'm already going to upgrade. I'm going to do sound deadening 100%,  I'm thinking about buying a better subwoofer amp and upgrading some electrical. Thanks every one.
Thats a great start on a system. Never hurts to upgrade your electrical on a decent after market system. Supply for the demand is always needed.

He did a 142.6 at 47 hz
Not a bad start.   Up my way that power level would be "rookie" class.  I used to do 148.7-148.9 in that.  One fella broke 150 a couple years ago running some old school RF amps well below safe impedance.... his daughter couldn't break 150 with the same gear in a different vehicle last season.  If your boy enjoys competing you should carefully read the rules and learn about classes of whatever org is local to you and build around being in a class in which you're competitive.     Against rookies running 1000-2000W amps mid 140s is competitive, if you're in a class where guys will turn up in a CRX running 5K you'll need to be able to get up more towards 155 or you're going to not have a great time.

I think my son is hooked and we talked about upgrading all the way home
It's only money and time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.