Lanzar Opti series?

Wanna sell it? I want.
Yeah, I'd sell it.

IMG_20140302_133257.jpg

No, I pulled that picture direct from that thread. It's really the only thing I could find on it.

Beast of an amp! I believe the ratings are 2 x 250 at 4 ohms and 500 watts rms by 2 into 2 ohms and 1000 watts rms bridged into 4 ohms mono . Being an oldschool tank I would bet its under rated by a bit as well. Have heard of 2 ohm mono stability but mine did not like it LOL. A fully rebuilt channel later though and it was singing again.

Beast of an amp! I believe the ratings are 2 x 250 at 4 ohms and 500 watts rms by 2 into 2 ohms and 1000 watts rms bridged into 4 ohms mono . Being an oldschool tank I would bet its under rated by a bit as well. Have heard of 2 ohm mono stability but mine did not like it LOL. A fully rebuilt channel later though and it was singing again.

I dotn think its very underrated but it will do rated at ANY voltage and do it clean.

I wired it to 2ohm, and could play but didn't have the amperage it needed at full tilt, or 3/4. When back to single setup for awhile and it played great.
[/QUOTE]

I dotn think its very underrated but it will do rated at ANY voltage and do it clean.
Yeah not like an old RF amp or anything like that. Just a little extra. I have seen claims of like 2k out of these things. Its just not possible. Not enough power supply to back that up.

I read about a similar amp, from Lanzar, and it was said to have a very tightly regulated power supply. It would do the power rated, but hardly any over, and it was clean power.

I read about a similar amp, from Lanzar, and it was said to have a very tightly regulated power supply. It would do the power rated, but hardly any over, and it was clean power.
Shoot me a price shipped to 97361... I love these amps

Best offer is at $175 shipped so far. Asking $200. Please move any/all talk about buying to my FS/FT thread in classifieds.

That's mid-late '90's, pre-Zed I'm pretty sure.

A lot of posters I come across seem to think everything from Lanzar before the Sound Around buyout was done by Zed audio, but I don't think that's the case. Before the silver Optidrive series (like my sub amp - sig.) in '99-'00 Lanzar designed and built everything at their facility in California.

If I'm wrong about that then Zed's designs changed A LOT from the mid '90's to around '00. These old lanzars didn't look pretty inside, but they were beasts.

Also, I've never heard of anything on these older Lanzar's other than significant under-ratedness.

In that for sale thread someone's claiming ~1500 at 4 and ~2k at 4 (16v).

My brother had an old opti50 (25x2 at 4, 50x1 bridged) that put a thorough beating on a 200w sub.

Back in the days when a 200w sub was considered a pretty powerful sub.

That's mid-late '90's, pre-Zed I'm pretty sure.A lot of posters I come across seem to think everything from Lanzar before the Sound Around buyout was done by Zed audio, but I don't think that's the case. Before the silver Optidrive series (like my sub amp - sig.) in '99-'00 Lanzar designed and built everything at their facility in California.

If I'm wrong about that then Zed's designs changed A LOT from the mid '90's to around '00. These old lanzars didn't look pretty inside, but they were beasts.

Also, I've never heard of anything on these older Lanzar's other than significant under-ratedness.

In that for sale thread someone's claiming ~1500 at 4 and ~2k at 4 (16v).

My brother had an old opti50 (25x2 at 4, 50x1 bridged) that put a thorough beating on a 200w sub.

Back in the days when a 200w sub was considered a pretty powerful sub.
interested in buying any other opti stuff?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.