L7 doesnt seem like its wanging as hard as I expected

there first thing i would do is check the resistance of your ground. even with a bad box you should be seeing more excursion. from my experience l7's take about 20 hours of playing to get there full excursion.

there first thing i would do is check the resistance of your ground. even with a bad box you should be seeing more excursion. from my experience l7's take about 20 hours of playing to get there full excursion.
My ground spots are good...Im getting about 14+ volts when driving, and around 12 when driving and cranking. I have probably played about 5 hours so far

not in all cases. my friend had a bonneville with that middle ski hole and he had a L7 15'' in there facing forward with port forward and that was the loudest sedan i have ever heard.
do you have a pic of this box?

man... you really shouldn't have to touch your bass settings on the headunit... just going to end up distorting the woofer...
Yes it does reset to 0, however I always turn that up to 4-5 or so when listening to a deep bass song
sub level, or sub out should always be maxed out , while normal "Bass" should usually be left at 0, unless you set it to whatever before you set the gains

sub level, or sub out should always be maxed out , while normal "Bass" should usually be left at 0, unless you set it to whatever before you set the gains
Im not quite sure exactly what you mean. When I set the gains for the sub, Im giving it 1600 rms at volume 35(35-40). My main problem at first was when I set the volume to 35, and had the bass at +4 and higher.... my CDT mids seemed like they were flexing too hard(and esp the rears) so I went and I turned both pairs of speakers on my kicker amp to HPF only, that way I dont end up blowing my CDT's.

Right now the gain on the Hifonics is around the lets say 8/10ths mark or so to full gain.

Im not quite sure exactly what you mean. When I set the gains for the sub, Im giving it 1600 rms at volume 35(35-40). My main problem at first was when I set the volume to 35, and had the bass at +4 and higher.... my CDT mids seemed like they were flexing too hard(and esp the rears) so I went and I turned both pairs of speakers on my kicker amp to HPF only, that way I dont end up blowing my CDT's.
Right now the gain on the Hifonics is around the lets say 8/10ths mark or so to full gain.
turn your sub level all the way up, so you dont have to strain the amp as much...

i have 2 volt preouts just probably like you, and i dont have to go over 1/4 gains (although it makes no sence whatsoever or is any sort of comparison)

turn your sub level all the way up, so you dont have to strain the amp as much...
i have 2 volt preouts just probably like you, and i dont have to go over 1/4 gains (although it makes no sence whatsoever or is any sort of comparison)

I acctually think my HU is 4 volts preout...see my last setup was alot easier to configure... not saying this new setup I have listed in sig is hard to....

My last one was ok put in JVC...(crao) turn treble to +1 or 2, and Put Bass around -3 or so, and turn volume up... thats all I did. So im still learning the new features of which frequencys are right for particular songs and etc.

So your saying that when I want to listen to some hard deep bass to turn the su to +6, that way I wont have to crank it as much?

also if ur mids are flexing to hard simply turn down the gains, or put bass to 0, also they should be on HPF anyways
they are not supposed to play below 80hz, which is where the subwoofer will pick up
yeah I had m CDT comps at 80hz with 120 rms and the crossover on the amp was off, and I had the Rear CDT's at 40rms, at 100hz-120hz and also the crossover on the amp off as well.....

I shortly realized that when listening to some hard hitting bass(I listen to techno and rap for deep bass usually)... that wasnt going to work. Im still a noob I guess at audio... but I can even tell when my mids are flexing too much. so I turned them both to HPF on the amp...BTW bass boost is turned off on my kicker amp as well.

The only thing that ***** about that is....when Im not listening to deep bass and listening to music at a regular volume it would be nice to have the settings back to what they should be if I didnt have a subwoofer...

no, put your gains to 0

set your subout to maximum, NOT BASS, but SUBOUT, put it as high as it will go

set your BASS to 0

now goto your gains and turn them up until you hear audible distortion, then turn it down a few hairs under audible distortion

Yes it does reset to 0, however I always turn that up to 4-5 or so when listening to a deep bass song
Could your problem be that everytime your deck resets the volume on your headunit for your sub resets also? I think on pioneer units the sub level is from 0 to 6 or something. Maybe everything the head unit resets it goes to 0. Prolly not it but just thinkin of things that could be wrong.
leave it maxed out, it controls the rca output voltage

set your subout to maximum, NOT BASS, but SUBOUT, put it as high as it will go
Okay I see what your saying now, I was confused when you said the above. The option I get on my head unit is "bass 0-6"...and you said NOT BASS above.

so I should reset my gains when bass is at +6 then...

unless im being a total DUmbass and im completely not understanding anything your saying because yes I am just that stupid! lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.