Kicker amp goes into protective mode

Participant count
  • Participants list
I'm not sure you can run more than 2 channels on your amp to that sub being a dual 2 ohm. It's too low of load for you amp to run all 4 channels on that sub. If you had a d4 ohm sub, you could do that.

Wired in series gives you a 4 ohm load on the amp. If the amp is rated at 4 ohm bridged (2 channel) then I think I should be fine. I was going to get the 4ohms because kicker sells those and the representative at crutchfield recommended me to get the 2ohms instead lol. The amp suddenly went into protection mode. Before even testing the sound after I have connected everything back to the amp except the sub. I had hopes that I will revive the amp but it just keeps acting up

Wired in series gives you a 4 ohm load on the amp. If the amp is rated at 4 ohm bridged (2 channel) then I think I should be fine. I was going to get the 4ohms because kicker sells those and the representative at crutchfield recommended me to get the 2ohms instead lol. The amp suddenly went into protection mode. Before even testing the sound after I have connected everything back to the amp except the sub. I had hopes that I will revive the amp but it just keeps acting up

I thought it was a 4 channel?

Dude I've heard some garbage stories about crutchfield's advice, like it's horrible sometimes!

All I'm saying is that you'll only be able to run 2 channels.

they said that my dash and front speakers are wired in parallel and that I could go with a 4 channel amp, bridge the 3 and 4 to the sub, as long as its 2 ohm stable and I'm already at 2 ohms to the dash since those speakers are wired in parallel in the factory loom. The amp is 2 ohm stable unbriged

they said that my dash and front speakers are wired in parallel and that I could go with a 4 channel amp, bridge the 3 and 4 to the sub, as long as its 2 ohm stable and I'm already at 2 ohms to the dash since those speakers are wired in parallel in the factory loom. The amp is 2 ohm stable unbriged

Yeah, just run the sub at 4 ohms bridged on those rear channels.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.