K&n

so you are telling me that this:http://www.knfilters.com/universal/X-stream.htm

Wont do jack **** oer a stock manifold, filter, everything...

Lets get over the whole ricer slang and stop calling them "intakes" and get back to basics, and use our heads here...

On a 200hp or less motor, a filter really isnt going to do anything, and you know this.

Over around 300, it starts to matter. I know my filter gave me probably 20hp. Then again..its a 4" opepening, 14" long filter

your car is faster, if you change the engine.
not if you change the transmission //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

well until i get some pics to put up, here are a few ofline of my car The 3 pic down is of the highly restricted intake... I know i wont get a big difference at all nor was i expecting it, but of any filter out there i ve used , i ve been most impressed with k&n especially since after u clean them they work like new agian.. There s a lot of gimmicks out there (like the tornado air foil thing, that u put in ur mass air sensor) But i think this is a good $40 investment.. Back to the filter U ll see my intake is restrictive and also i have no room for a cold air.. At 210 hp on a high rev car i think it'll make a dif, any suggestions or replies??

i just put in a K&N stock replacment filter and i didnt notice hardly anything. we'll see how my fuel mileage is after i fill it up next time.

car: 2000 Ford Focus SPI

i just put in a K&N stock replacment filter and i didnt notice hardly anything. we'll see how my fuel mileage is after i fill it up next time.

car: 2000 Ford Focus SPI
when its bout time to change your filter.buy another k&n and the recharge kit*round 20 bucks or so*toss in the new and when just bout time to change the new one...clean the old and toss that in...i`ve had the same 2 filters since `98-`99...thats in a `96 cheorkee

I'll never again put a K&N or any other oil-based/reusuable filter in my car. Causes nothing but problems if the filter is ever over oiled, etc. It'll leave a residue on your MAF wires

Is it worth the money in ur opinion????? To me its the best move and easiest way to get the most performance and mileage outta my car... Just wondering other ppl s opinions

it will make a noticable difference depending on the application. If the length to the im (intake maniflod) is quiet a good deal long, then you will notice more power on the top end range of the rpms. this is the same way a cai acts. a ram air intake prevails on the low end of the rpm range. Just remember that when you start to do upgrades to your motor that involve adding more air (which is almost every option available when it comes to bolt ons) you should start thinking about getting some sort of device to tune the ecu in your vehicle to compensate with more fuel. Do this becasue air/fuel mixture is the most important thing when it comes to how every aftermarket part will respond with power curves throughout the rpm band.

it will make a noticable difference depending on the application. If the length to the im (intake maniflod) is quiet a good deal long, then you will notice more power on the top end range of the rpms. this is the same way a cai acts. a ram air intake prevails on the low end of the rpm range. Just remember that when you start to do upgrades to your motor that involve adding more air (which is almost every option available when it comes to bolt ons) you should start thinking about getting some sort of device to tune the ecu in your vehicle to compensate with more fuel. Do this becasue air/fuel mixture is the most important thing when it comes to how every aftermarket part will respond with power curves throughout the rpm band.

ram air= more low end ..... Are you saying because the pulse(piping) is shorter, it adds velocity to the air and since the air travels such a short distance, and it increases the velocity, thus adding torque?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.