Oil change screwup

PESteele
10+ year member

I wang on an 8 in a van
annapolis
my dad took my van in to get the oil changed today but when they did it and tryed to restart it would startup then rev up and down alot then shut off anyone kno what could be ****ing it up. They also replaced the air filter. Any help would be great

my altima had a rev problem like that but it never shut off. if your van has cruise control check it. the line on mine was to tight so the throttle was always open and it caused the idle to jump like crazy

Please post in the right section...

Are you sure that's all they did? It's really hard to screw something up changing the oil, unless they really didn't know what they were doing...same with the air filter replacement //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If he knocked a plug loose while changing the oil, I'd want to see that mechanic's arms, because he probably had four of them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif The plugs and plug wires are up under the hump in the cabin in these vans, you actually need to replace the plugs from inside the cab.

If he knocked a plug loose while changing the oil, I'd want to see that mechanic's arms, because he probably had four of them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif The plugs and plug wires are up under the hump in the cabin in these vans, you actually need to replace the plugs from inside the cab.
i think he meant plug like a connector of any kind, sensors etc. yea the techs are obviously useless and they should be figuring it out for you

yea, if you took it to a shop to get it done, you better tell them to figure it out and fix it. id assume its some type of sensor...possibly a air flow sensor or something.

they took it to the ford dealership and they want like 2500 to find the problem and try to fix it. So my dad wants to sell it there go's about 24 hours worth of install time for the stereo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.