Just installed new setup...

What kind of box would you be using? You can always try the two HX2s on your Alpine amp and see how it goes.
Never thought of that, always figured the subs would try to draw to much power from it and it not being up to pair with how much they are rated....honestly i dont know where I got this notion that an amp should have enough power to meet the subs rated power or you could shorten the life of the amp because its trying to hard to push the subs lol...the HX2s are in a sealed box (bought them that way) but I built a box for a single 12 with a little circle port I was thinking about trying. Wish I had a dual 12 ported box. But i heard with sealed you get a tighter punch (and good for people who want decent SQ without the ability to tune a ported box) and sealed gives longer life to the sub

Never thought of that, always figured the subs would try to draw to much power from it and it not being up to pair with how much they are rated....honestly i dont know where I got this notion that an amp should have enough power to meet the subs rated power or you could shorten the life of the amp because its trying to hard to push the subs lol...the HX2s are in a sealed box (bought them that way) but I built a box for a single 12 with a little circle port I was thinking about trying. Wish I had a dual 12 ported box.
Do you know the net internal volume and tuning of the box you built? If not, then the two HX2s sealed would probably sound a lot better than a single one ported.

And yeah, it's a pretty common misconception. The amp is pushing the same amount regardless of how much power the subs can take. The only thing that the amp cares about is resistance(and its power supply, but that has nothing to do with the subs).

Do your Big 3. There's no chance of frying your alternator, you're simply ADDING wire on top of your factory runs.

And you should sell your capacitor. It doesn't do anything for your electrical. You said you like the way it looks, but to anyone that knows car audio, it just makes you look foolish. You could use the money gained from selling it to get your new subs quicker.

And you should keep your Rockfords in until you sell them, they couldn't be any worse than those Sonys.

Do your Big 3. There's no chance of frying your alternator, you're simply ADDING wire on top of your factory runs.And you should sell your capacitor. It doesn't do anything for your electrical. You said you like the way it looks, but to anyone that knows car audio, it just makes you look foolish. You could use the money gained from selling it to get your new subs quicker.

And you should keep your Rockfords in until you sell them, they couldn't be any worse than those Sonys.
Thanks for all the advice. I think what im going to do in the meantime waiting till I get the Daytons is sell my Kenwood amp with those Sonys to a friend of mine, sell the Cap for that extra cash and use those Rockford subs with that little Alpine amp. That way when I do get the Daytons i'll sell the Rockford subs and that alpine amp and look into getting a decent amp to run the Daytons in the range of 1000w RMS Alpine or Kicker. Also a new headunit is in the cards, but not a necessity yet. As far as those Daytons go, due to the small requirements in box size they call for, I was prob just gonna stay sealed so I can get some of my trunk space back and make them last long as i can (as I heard is a benefit of sealed enclosures)

Actually I dont know if this will work, you can't wire 2 DVC 4 ohm speakers and get 2 ohms from amp, only 4 and 1 am I correct? Cause the Alpine doesn't support 1 ohm loads

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.