First sound system~

Erisior
10+ year member

B-Goche
So, I bought my first system. 2 12" Diamond D3's powered by a Diamond d1 400.1 Amp(Which I am guessing I should upgrade to a more powerful amp) But I bought all of this for $275 which I thought was a good deal. What do you guys think?

Eh, seems decent enough. You probably could have bought a single sub and amp new for around the same price, netting you overall better performance(both SPL and SQ), but still, it doesn't seem like you got completely ripped off, and I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

My first system was a 10" Volfenhag powered by a Power Acoustik 2 channel. You should feel lucky.

Where I am from. New car audio isn't cheap and I was dead set on dual 12"'s I listened to them before I paid and they sounded great! Thanks for the input guys. Now I just need to teach myself how to install them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the addiction begins:naughty:
This..it'll slowly get worse and worse until you're selling kidneys just to pay for another sub to stash in your bedroom.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif

Haha, I hope it doesn't get that bad. I'm sure these'll last me a while though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Until I get a better job and can fund the higher end quality stuff. Would you guys recommend I get a more powerful amplifier to push these subs?

Haha, I hope it doesn't get that bad. I'm sure these'll last me a while though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Until I get a better job and can fund the higher end quality stuff. Would you guys recommend I get a more powerful amplifier to push these subs?
yes especially if they are going in a trunk.look for 1000 - 1500 watts rms

Where I am from. New car audio isn't cheap and I was dead set on dual 12"'s I listened to them before I paid and they sounded great! Thanks for the input guys. Now I just need to teach myself how to install them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
You better do some reading around, you don't want to ruin your newly acquired equipment. I suggest looking up the RMS rating of your amp so when you set the gain, you're able to do it correctly.

Looks like it's only 400 watts which definitely isn't enough to properly supply these subs with power. So, should I look for an 1100 then? I know when I went to Advance Audio the guy suggested an 1100W amp to go along with those subs.

Looks like it's only 400 watts which definitely isn't enough to properly supply these subs with power. So, should I look for an 1100 then? I know when I went to Advance Audio the guy suggested an 1100W amp to go along with those subs.
Well, just so you don't get stuck into bad habits from the start, RMS ratings aren't necessarily ratings you need to strive for, and depending on your enclosure, you might not even want to give your subs their rated power(depending on the size and tuning of a box, your subwoofer may reach its mechanical limits at well under half its rated power).

Typically, an RMS rating is just the rating that a subwoofer manufacturer suggests not going above(usually because if a subwoofer gets too much power, it can break -- obviously). You may very well be happy with 200W per sub.

I hooked everything up today and am rather pleased with it so far although I feel there's too much bass being pushed and is causing lowered SQ but other than that I'm enjoying it greatly. They hit super hard and that's what I wanted. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Thanks for the input guys I greatly appreciate it.

I hooked everything up today and am rather pleased with it so far although I feel there's too much bass being pushed and is causing lowered SQ but other than that I'm enjoying it greatly. They hit super hard and that's what I wanted. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Thanks for the input guys I greatly appreciate it.
How did you set your gain?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.