just got 2 15 L7s now i need an amp

talon2nr7588
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Indiana
I just got my 06 L7s last night man they're ****ing nice! they're gonna go in a porteed box 4.5 cubes each tunes at 35hz. now it's time to choose an amp(s). i'm probably gonna go with 2 BXI2006Ds. ima wire one up to each sub. anybody got any amp suggestions? i'm planning on giving them 2000rms a piece.

what ohms are they? dual 2 i assume if u want 1 amp per sub ... that amp setup would work fine but you might want to think having 1 big amp? but either way be prepared to do some serious electrical upgrades

I'd make sure you have a big alt. before you get two 2006d's, peak current draw is 169A a piece.

You could get an orion 2500D, but even at 1 ohm current draw can be >200A, even more @ .5ohm

what is this going in? and whats your amp budget? i cna think of several amps i'd rather use then the hifonics but that all depends on budget.

corret me if I am wrong but arnt those 750RMS each according to the manual in a ported box... I mean, I have heard people say that kicker has been rating them low, but 1250 extra RMS each seams a little much. I think you were on the right track before with one XX-Herc. but all depends on what Imp you went with.

what ohms are they? dual 2 i assume if u want 1 amp per sub ... that amp setup would work fine but you might want to think having 1 big amp? but either way be prepared to do some serious electrical upgrades
yes they are dual 2, i will have each wired down to 1 ohm so i need two amps that are 1 ohm stable, i will have 240 amp alt, with big three done in 2/0 gauge other wiring in 0 gauge an a new yellow top under the hood.

hey talon, little off topic but never got a chance to show you this. Here is the winISD plot for those plans I sent you

two15inchl74la.jpg

Hope it works out for you. Should be loud!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

talon2nr7588

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
talon2nr7588
Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date